two ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

"Lucy!" My mother yelled. "Are you ready for school?" It was a Monday morning and I was just brushing my hair.
"Yes mother, I'm coming down now!" I replied. I walked down the stairs to see my mother and Natsu waiting for me.
"What took you so long Luce?" He asked.
"Do you know how hard it is to put this dress on?" I replied.

Since our school was for the wealthy, everyone there basically acted like snobs. All the girls had to wear dresses and the boys wore a tux. Natsu didn't go to my school, he just has to follow me everywhere because of this dragon protector contract I made with him. He even sleeps in my bed; he always says "but I need to protect you Luce" or something stupid like that, and then clings to me like a limpet, refusing to let go.

"C'mon Luce, you'll be late for school" Natsu said. I walked up to him and waited patiently.
"What?" He asked.
"You're meant to be a gentleman and offer your arm to me!" I yelled.
"Why?" He replied "we're not married!" I just sighed.
"When we get home, I'm teaching you some manners Natsu."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

We arrived at school and I saw Levy and Juvia waiting outside for me,
"Levy! Juvia!" I yelled, walking over gracefully just like we were taught.
"How was your weekend Lucy" Levy asked.
"It was good, I went shopping and bought some new dresses." I replied. Suddenly, the three richest boys in my year walked past, Gray, Gajeel and Sting. Juvia and Levy had hearts in their eyes, but I hadn't taken an interest in boys yet.
"Y-you know L-Lucy" Juvia began, "The ball is in t-two weeks" she wouldn't take her eyes off Gray.
"That's right!" Levy said, staring at Gajeel "We have to get those three boys to ask us to the ball!"
"Well...um..." I began, but was interrupted by Juvia.
"No way. Juvia will make you go to the ball Lucy!" She yelled. I sighed in reply. Then we heard the bell ring.
"Sorry guys, I have to go now." I said. "Bye!" I walked off, Natsu following behind.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

It was lunchtime, and I was sitting down at the table with Juvia, Levy, Sting, Gajeel and Gray, and Natsu sat on the end next to me.
"So, I heard it was the Grand Ball in two weeks." Levy started.
"There are rumours that you can't go without a partner." Juvia added.
"Have you three girls been asked to the Ball yet?" Sting asked, glancing at me.
"No, not yet." I replied. "The three of us are still waiting"
"Why do you ask?" Levy wondered.
"I was just curious." Sting said. "As were Gray and Gajeel." They smirked at each other.
"Well, we have to leave now" Gajeel said.
"See you in dance class." Gray added.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Me, Levy and Juvia walked into dance class and saw Wendy and Erza waiting for us. As always, Natsu waited by the door, watching my every move.
"Hi guys!" I said.
"Hi Lucy!" Wendy replied.
"Right boys," yelled the teacher. "Pick a girl partner to dance with!" I saw Sting look over to me, but then Lisanna walked up to him and asked him to dance. I swear she hates me.

Suddenly, Lisanna walks up to me, Sting next to her.
"Sorry Lucy, but there's no partner for you, you'll have to sit this one out." Lisanna smirked, Sting wouldn't look at me.
"Hey Luce," I turned around to see Natsu standing behind me.
"Why don't you teach me how to dance?" He asked. "Since you don't have a partner and all..."
"Sure, okay!" I replied. I could of sworn I heard Lisanna scowl.

I went through the simple steps with Natsu, telling him where to step and where to place his hands.
"God Luce, this is more confusing than I thought" He said. I laughed in reply. The time flew by, I didn't even realise the lesson was nearly over.
"Luce?" Natsu was blushing. Wait! Natsu never blushes!
"Yeah?" I asked.
"I...I-" he was cut off by the bell.
"Never mind," he said, eyes downcast.

I wonder what he was going to say...

Word Count- 712