forty five ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

I swiftly made my way downstairs. I need to see Natsu. I need to make sure he's okay.

The dungeon was on the other side of our estate; Across fields and hidden away in the forest. Not very many people went there since it smelt really bad, and I certainly didn't like it there.

"Loke!?" I yelled, slipping a pair of shoes on at the door.
"Yes miss?" Loke asked bluntly. It was clear that he found me despicable for being with Natsu.
"Could you take me to the dungeons?" I asked.

"The dungeons? Why do you want to go th-" He stopped himself. "Oh, I see."
"Please?" I pleaded. He sighed, but then nodded.

"There are no carriages, so we'll have to walk." Loke informed me.
"That's fine." I replied. "Virgo!?"
"Yes princess?" Virgo came up to me. "What is wrong?"
"If Sting asks, I've gone into town, okay?"
"Yes princess." She bowed, then left.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Me and Loke were walking silently through a dense forest. It was late afternoon, and the sun was still shining brightly.

"Miss Lucy," Loke began. "Hold my hand so we don't get lost."
"O-okay.." I stuttered, grabbing onto Loke's hand.

There was another silence.

"Loke." I finally spoke up.
"Yes?"
"D-do you hate me?" I asked.

Gosh, why are there so many awkward silences!?

"No." He sighed. "I'll be honest with you Miss Lucy, I don't like Sting that much either."
"W-what?" I was speechless.
"I know you don't love Sting, and I believe that Natsu would be much better for you."

"T-then how come you-" He interrupted me.
"That was an act. I have to look like I'm on Sting's side if I want to keep my job." He explained. "I'm sorry Miss Lucy."
"Don't worry about it." I smiled. "I understand."

So Loke was on my side the whole time?

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

We got to the dungeon and Loke led me down a flight of stairs.
"Be quiet." He whispered. "We're not supposed to be down here."
"What if we get caught?" I asked.

"Who's there!?" I heard a deep voice bellow. Soon after, a bright light shone in our faces.
"O-oh, Miss Lucy!" It was one of the guards. "What are you and... Loke... doing down here?"

"Emm... We..." I couldn't think. Crap! What do I say!?
"Dungeon inspection." Loke blurted out. "Miss Lucy wanted to come along to see what it was like here."

"Oh, alright then." The guard sighed. "Sorry for interrupting."

Let's go!

• (Natsu's POV) •

I don't like it in here. It's cold. It's dark. There's no Luce.

Once I was handcuffed they dragged me here, throwing me in this small room with my arms and legs tied. I have cuts and bruises all over from where I was hit by Sting's guards, especially on my head.

The room was made of stone, very dark and slightly damp. There were no windows, no air vents, just a door opposite me.

I've been thinking about Luce a lot. Well, I can't stop. Im scared of what's going to happen to her.

I'm scared of what Sting will do.

I also think I've started to hallucinate; I keep hearing voices when it's clear no one else is here.

"What if we get caught?" There my brain goes again, making me think about Luce when she's clearly not here.
"Who's there!?" A voice bellowed.

Okay, that was real. I was about to shout back, when suddenly...

"O-oh, Miss Lucy!" The man spoke again. Miss Lucy? He can't possibly mean...

Luce?

"What are you and... Loke... doing down here?" Loke? Why is Loke here!? And what's he doing with Luce!?

"Dungeon inspection." I heard Loke say after a long silence. "Miss Lucy wanted to come along to see what it was like here."

I can't believe it.

She wanted to come and see me.

"Oh, alright then." The loud voice replied. "Sorry for interrupting."

I began to hear the pattering of footsteps, both large and small. Please Luce. I'm here. Please~

"Pst. Natsu?" I heard a whisper.
"I'm in here." I replied, praying that this wasn't a trap. I listened out to hear the door unlock, then the door swung open.

"Luce~" I smiled.

She's here. She came.

Word Count- 715