thirty two ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

I gracefully walked down the stairs, trying not to trip on my dress. At the bottom of the stairs Virgo was stood holding open the door, and at the entrance stood my mother, alongside Sting.

He was wearing a white tuxedo with the top two buttons undone. He'd also put a red rose in his pocket, with a folded handkerchief.

He looked very smart.

"Lucy dearie, you have to go now." My mother smiled, clasping her hands together. "I can't believe my little girl is going to her first ball!"
"Alright mother, I'll see you later." I smiled, walking up to Sting. He gently held my hand, kissed it, then looked up at me.

"You look beautiful." He sighed in awe.
"Thank you," I smiled. "You look nice too."

Something felt wrong; Like I shouldn't be doing this.

Like something bad was going to happen.

Sting and me got into the carriage and we left for the ball. It was a little awkward not having Natsu around, because he's always around.

Natsu's not here. My protector.

But it's okay, he's in the carriage with my mother. He'll be with me soon. My Natsu.

Natsu... Natsu...

Wait! Why am I just thinking about Natsu!? I slapped myself on my cheeks with my hands, and got a funny look off Sting.
"You alright?" He asked.
"Yeah," I sighed. "It's just... my first ball.. and it's a little daunting, you know?"
"Yeah," He replied. "My gut's filled with butterflies."

• (Sting's POV) •

We arrived at the entrance and Lucy was gawking out the window.
"The ballroom's huge!!" She cried.
"Wow," I sighed, leaning over to her window to get a look.

But at that moment the door swung open.

And I had to be leaning on the door, didn't I?

I fell onto Lucy's lap, my face enveloped in her beautiful dress.

Great.

"S-Sting?" Lucy asked. "Are you alright?"
"Y-yeah, I'm good." I sighed, blushing. "I-I'm s-sorry."
"D-don't worry about it." She said, looking away.

Something's bothering her.

We got out and walked inside, arm in arm. When we got in, we were greeted by Gray and Juvia.
"Hello Lucy-san." Juvia smiled.
"Hey Sting." Gray grinned.
"Hi" Lucy replied.
"Yo." <-- Sting got swag ;)

Juvia was wearing an ocean blue dress that curved round her figure. There was a slit in the dress that went up her right thigh, and she wore matching heels.

Gray wore a black tux with a white shirt, and a red rose in his pocket. He had about three or four top buttons undone, exposing his collarbone.

"Has anyone seen Gajeel and Levy?" Gray asked.
"No, I haven't." I sighed, looking  round.
"They're up there, Gray-sama!" Juvia pointed up the entrance steps to reveal an arguing Gajeel and Levy.

"Why did you stand on my dress!?"
"You're so small I didn't see you!"
"Maybe you should open your eyes! Baka!"
"Maybe you should grow a couple inches, Shrimp!"
"Don't call me a shrimp!"
"Don't call me an idiot!"

"Levy-chan! Gajeel!" Lucy yelled.
"What!?" They both turned their heads and glared down at us intimidatingly, and boy was it scary.