twenty nine ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

The bell signalling the end of the day rang, and everyone left the building. As I promised, I walked over to where I'd meet Sting, Natsu next to me.

"Hey Natsu," I began. "I was speaking to Gray in dance, and he said.... some stuff.."
"Like what?" He asked.
"About Mating Season."

Here's where it gets awkward.

"He said the more the dragon loves someone, ehh.. How do I say this..."
"I know what you're gonna say." He sighed. "And it's true. The season turns the love into lust, and well.. you know."
"R-right..." I said awkwardly.

"So what are you gonna do?" I asked him. "I mean, you'll deteriorate of you don't do anything."
"I'm not sure yet." He then leans towards my ear.

"And I don't think your mother would be happy hearing you screaming my name in pleasure."

His hot breath on my neck sent shivers down my spine. I looked over to see a smirk playing on his face, and his eyes were a deep red.

"Snap out of it Natsu." I said, waving my hand in front of his face. He caught it and began kissing it.
"Out of what?" He smirked. "I'm still Natsu."

"Hey!" It was Sting, walking over with his hands in his pockets. I saw Natsu glare at him, and his eyes slowly turned back to normal.

"So, what's up?" I asked him. He started to blush.
"I'm kinda glad Natsu's here for once, hopefully he'll understand."
"Understand what?" We both asked.

"I feel weird when I'm round you Lucy," He began. "Like, I need to be closer to you. I know it sounds kind of stalker-ish, but it won't go away."
"That's the mating season." Natsu sighed. "It gets worse as you get older."

"Today in Biology, I couldn't stop thinking about... stuff to do with this season crap. I try to concentrate on anything except you, but my thoughts drown out any noise or actions around me. It gives me headaches, stomach cramps, toothache, the lot, and if I try to ignore it, the pain gets worse." He explained. "It's painful as fuck,"

"Tell me about it." Natsu groaned. "It's because dragons are protectors. It's designed specifically so the dragon can protect the one they love the most. The same thing happens with me."

"You poor souls." I sighed. "Is there any way to make it disappear?"
"Well," Natsu began. "You can't make it disappear, and as you know, if you ignore it you die. You can stop yourself from dying by doing 'it' with someone of the opposite sex, but the torment won't stop until you've done 'it' with the one you want to protect."

"What about that evil-dragon-mode you go into, when your eyes go red." Sting asked. "Will that happen to me?"
"Not if you're strong. If you give up, it happens, but if you stay strong you can control yourself."

"So you keep giving in huh?" Sting smirked.
"Listen here you snot-nosed brat," Natsu spat. "Every year the torment doubles, so I've got to put up with four times as much as what you've got now."

I feel so bad.

All this is because of me.

It can't be that bad, doing it.

I could just do it once, for them.

"I know what you're thinking Luce." Natsu said. "It's not gonna happen."
"But you're both suffering because of me!" I replied. "I feel awful!"
"You shouldn't do something like that for the sake of a couple dragons." Sting raised his voice a little. "It would ruin your reputation as a Heartfilia."
"And the same thing will just happen again next year. All of what we're experiencing now is a yearly thing." Natsu added.

They were both staring me down with stern looks; I felt the pressure building.
"Fine." I huffed. "But what do I do if you go into evil-dragon-mode and force yourself on me?"
"I think there's a spot on the head somewhere, and if you scratch it, it immobilises the dragon for a few seconds and turns them back to normal."
Natsu said, patting his head.

"Let's test it on the pyro." Sting smirked.
"In your dreams blondie." Natsu replied.

Guys, it's getting dark." I sighed. "Let's go home." Both boys then looked at me and agreed.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

The three of us got to the Heartfilia house first, and Virgo opened the door.
"Please go inside Princess." She bowed. "Your mother is waiting for the three of you."
"Uh oh." We all said, walking inside.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?" My mother yelled at the three of us. "Look at the state of you all! Lucy dear, you got your dress dirty walking home. And Sting! Your uniform! It's a mess!"
"We're sorry mother." I sighed.
"Well, it's good to know that you're all safe, and that Natsu's doing his job." She then ruffles his pink hair, and he smiled like an idiot.

"Anyway," she carried on. "Sting's mother called to say that he has to stay here tonight."
"Why is that?" I asked.
"Mr and Mrs Eucliffe are going to a ball and won't be back until the next day, so she asked me to look after him."

"Don't worry Mrs Heartfilia," Sting smiled, flaunting his etiquette. "I can look after myself."

I heard Natsu scoff, and Sting glared at him.

"Don't be silly," my mother smiled. "I wouldn't let you walk back by yourself when it's dark outside. I mean, I might've sent Natsu with you, but I can see that you're not the best of friends."

You have no idea.

"Alright then." My mother smiled. "Go put your pyjamas on, it's getting late."
"Yes mother // Mrs Heartfilia" We chimed, leaving the room.

• (Natsu's POV) •

Great. Sting's staying the night. He has to use my spare pyjamas too. Ugh. I hate pyjama tops, they don't suit me. I tried walking out shirtless moments before, but Luce's mum was outside, and she wouldn't let me leave unless I was fully clothed.

We were dressed in our layers and Mrs Heartfilia let us into Luce's room where we were staying. She got the maids to put up two spare beds for me and Sting, but we'll all end up in Luce's bed anyway.

I walked in and couldn't believe what Luce was wearing. Everyone stared at each other and we all burst out laughing. Luce looked like she was wearing her mum's nightgown, which looked huge on her. It was yellow with white polka dots and had frills round the neck and arms. She looked ridiculous.

But so did I.

"Don't worry guys," She whispered. "I had Virgo sneak in some spare clothes for us beforehand. I knew my mother would do something like this."
"Good." Sting smiled. "This is starting to get itchy."

We all got changed again, and I managed to get a sneak peak of Luce when she was changing.

"Hey Natsu," Luce began. "Why are you smirking?"
"N-no reason!" I stuttered.

Word Count- 1174