fifteen ~

• (Sting's POV) •

"Yo, Natsu!" I yelled. "Let's go out for a bit, I'm really bored."

Natsu was my best friend here at Igneel's castle. We studied together, trained together and hung out together, even though he was two years older than me.

"Yeah sure, oka-" he was interrupted by a loud, bellowing voice.
"Natsu! Come here a moment!" It was Igneel.
"Hold on, I'll be a minute." He said, walking (in his dragon form) towards the main hall. Being my normal, curious self, I began to follow behind him.

I peeked my head round the door to see the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. Her sparkling brown eyes, smooth, blonde hair and a gorgeous pink dress that suited her perfectly. She looked around my age, which was 13, but she looked scared. And then I saw Natsu.

"In human form you maggot!" Yelled Igneel. So Natsu changed into a human and just so happened to look at the girl. I saw his face as he stared in awe at this amazing girl who walked over. Hold on, they weren't....

Making a contract?

I couldn't hear what was being said, but I saw Igneel prick both their fingers with his claw. And then, and then....

Then he kissed her....

I know it sounds stupid, but once a dragon sees their soulmate, they love them for life. I felt so envious.

Then they disappeared. Vanished into thin air. Both my best friend and my first crush. Gone.

How could Natsu just leave me? I HATE HIM! What a bastard!

That night I ran away from the castle. I ran and ran until I couldn't breathe, and I stumbled upon an old, abandoned house, so I decided to investigate.

I explored every room, looking around for the sake of it, until I heard footsteps behind me. I swiftly spun around to see a very rich lady.
"Who are you?" She asked.
"I-I'm Sting, the dragon." I stuttered.
"Sting? Hmm... You've the same name as my son." She muttered.
"Where is he? May I ask." I said. I tried to be as polite as possible.
"He..he's dead. He died tonight in hospital." She started to tear up. "My only son, the heir to my estate is dead."
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't of asked."

"Now that I've had a closer look at you," she began. "You look similar to my Sting too." She stood there in thought for a moment, until I saw a determined glint in her eyes.
"Boy, how would you like to be the heir to the Eucliffe estate?"

Me? An heir? The Eucliffe estate was HUGE! How could I possibly replace her son.

"Trust me, it would be worth saying yes. You will be well fed and you have a marriage to secure your fortune."

This sounded promising.

"Okay, I accept." I said. The lady performed a memory transfer spell, so I had all of Sting's memories as well as my own, but it left a scar on the right side of my face.

"If anyone asks, you got the scar in surgery." She said. "You should call me mother now."
"Yes, mother." I replied.
"Also, never show anyone your true form." She scowled.
"Yes mother."
She took me back to the mansion and told all of her maids that I was okay and didn't die in hospital.

Finally, I felt happy. I could live my life away from that salamander.

The next day my 'mother' told me that we were going to visit the Heartfilia's, who I found out were great friends of the Eucliffe's, do I got dressed in a white suit and travelled in a carriage to their mansion. When I got there, I saw a woman waiting outside. So this was Mrs. Heartfilia.

Wait.... She looks familiar.

"Oh Sting, how lovely to see you out of hospital! Do you feel better now?" She asked.
"Yes thank you Miss, I feel a lot better." Of course I was lying, I never went to hospital.
"LUCY! GET DOWN HERE!" Mrs. Heartfilia yelled. Suddenly a beautiful girl walked through the door, followed by a pink haired boy. Hold on.

No way.

It was her.

AND NATSU!!

I stood there, eyes wide with shock. I can't believe it. I'd tried so hard to get away from all of this, and then....

"Sting~" Lucy sang, waving her hand in front of my face. "The carriage has stopped, we've arrived at the hot springs."
"O-oh, sorry." I said climbing out the carriage. I looked down and saw Natsu on the floor, looking very pale and close to hurling.

"C'mon guys! Let's go!" Lucy yelled, running to the entrance. I sighed to myself, following after her.

It only felt like yesterday when I became the heir.

How time flies, huh.

Word Count- 803