fifty three ~

• (Loke's POV) •

I followed Mrs. Eucliffe into the abandoned church that the real Sting was meant to be buried in. The church itself was quite hidden, but I could tell that in her spare time Mrs. Eucliffe tried her best to keep it tidy.

"Over here," Mrs. Eucliffe called out. I followed her until I saw what she was looking at.

It was a closed coffin, with a large hole punched through the middle.

"Well, it was definitely broken from the inside." I mumbled, and Mrs. Eucliffe gave me one of those 'oh, no shit' looks.

"So, he was definitely dead when you placed him in the coffin?" I asked, just confirming what I knew.
"Definitely." She replied. "No pulse, nothing."

"So our theory so far is that he was resurrected by the King of the Tartarus realm." I added, and she nodded.

"Look round for clues." I told her, and she followed my order. I looked high and low, but could only find dust and cobwebs.

"What's this?" I looked over and saw Mrs. Eucliffe staring at an open book on the floor. When I saw what it was, I immediately picked it up.

"The book of Mythology." I mumbled. Turning to the page labelled 'resurrection', I began to read aloud the information on the page:

"Resurrection can only be completed with an evil act of magic, otherwise known as black magic. It can also only be performed by the King of the Tartarus realm, and will result in death if tried by anyone else."

"If someone is resurrected, they will resort to their original behaviour, but they will always have a tint of evil in them. If the King of the Tartarus realm wishes to, he can change your behaviour to act in a more sinister way. Your thoughts will become more violent, your words more vicious, and your actions more life threatening."

"That would explain him trying to kill Natsu then." Mrs. Eucliffe stated. I nodded, then carried on reading.

"To stop a resurrected being, they must be stabbed in the heart by the one they love." I read. "Whatever they do, they cannot pull the knife out until the person is well and truly dead."

"Ouch, the poor soul." Mrs. Eucliffe mumbled.
"It has to be Miss Lucy." I stated. "He was in love with Miss Lucy."

"We have to leave now!" Mrs. Eucliffe yelled. "Before anyone gets hurt."

• (Lucy's POV) •

I screamed. I screamed as loud as my lungs would let me, but I wasn't just screaming.

"NATSU!" I screamed, praying that he was there. Praying that he could hear me. Praying he would save me.

As I fell, I could hear the screams and gasps of everyone around me. I didn't pay much attention; they all swirled around my head as if they wanted to hypnotise me.

I tried to block them out, push them away, pretend that nothing was happening. Pretend that I wasn't falling. Pretending that I wasn't going to die.

Then it went quiet. I heard nothing except the painful ringing in my ears. At first it was alarming, but it became more relaxing.

I began to close my eyes. This peacefulness was bliss compared to what I've been experiencing throughout my life. I could just stay here forever.

"LUCE!" I heard a loud scream. I felt strong arms wrap around my body. This person, he dragged me back to reality and made me remember that I was still falling.

But I was okay with that. Why? Because it was Natsu. He made me remember that I still have him, despite everything else being painful. I have him.

There was a thud, and I opened my eyes. We'd hit the ground, but Natsu had broken my fall. He'd done it. Natsu saved me.

"Luce! Are you okay?" He asked. I looked into his eyes and saw the panic flying round. I smiled at him to show I was okay.

"I'm okay." I whispered. His beautiful onyx eyes then relaxed, as I saw a smile spread across his face. I then felt his strong arms envelope me once again in one of the warmest hugs I've ever had.

"Thank you Natsu." I whispered in his ear, hugging him back. "Thank you for saving me."

We were interrupted by the gates to the arena opening. "Lucy!" I heard a familiar yell.
"Loke!?" I looked up and saw Loke stood next to Mrs. Eucliffe.

Loke ran over and pushed something into my hand. It was cold and sharp, and then I realised it was a knife.

"Miss Lucy," he whispered. "You need to kill the real Sting."
"M-me!?" I cried. "Why?"
"It's the only way. You need to stab him in the heart until he is dead." Loke informed me.

"But why do I have to do it?" I questioned.
"It has to be the one he is in love with." Loke replied, staring me in the eye. I gulped, then nodded.

I'm going to end this.

Word Count- 837