fifty one ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

"And now, ladies and gentlemen..." Sting smirked. I stopped listening and began to think; I couldn't listen to him anymore.

Wait. The anti-dragon spell. Sting's a dragon too! That must mean...

Sting pressed the button, causing Natsu to collapse on the floor. I felt sick, my stomach began to churn and ache. How on earth could Sting do something as awful as this!?

But, Sting didn't flinch.

"Sting!" I yelled out, causing him to turn round and face me.
"What's the matter?" He asked.
"You're a dragon, why aren't you collapsing from pain?" I questioned, standing up. I saw a look of shock cover his face.

But it then turned to a smirk.

"It looks like you've caught me out." He smirked at me. "I was going to tell you, but it seems I'd made a mistake when planning this."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused. I scanned his face, reading his facial expression, when I noticed something. His scar is missing.

"It's me Lucy, the real Sting."

"Wait! LUCY!" I looked down into the arena, and so did Sting, to see something I never thought would happen.

Two Stings!

"Gahh! What are you doing here!?" The 'real' Sting cursed. The other Sting, who I'm guessing is the dragon, was down in the arena. With Igneel!

They were getting closer to Natsu, who was nearly out cold on the floor. Natsu was covered from head to toe in bruises, unlike Igneel and the Dragon Sting, so they attempted to get him out of there.

"Guards!" The real Sting cried. "Do NOT let them escape!" The guards blocked all the entrances to the arena, leaving the three dragons on the middle, slowly dying.

I have to do something. I can't take it any longer, I feel sick.

I have to get the button!

"Well, ladies and gentlemen." Sting managed to calm the crowd down. "Not only do we have the heir to the dragon realm, but we have the King himself! We also have a runaway from the dragon realm, who pretended to be me for so many years!"

What? This isn't right! I'm so confused! Isn't the 'real' Sting supposed to be dead?

"I say that we should give them the punishment they deserve!" Sting yelled, causing the crowd to cheer with him. This is bad. Very bad.

Suddenly, a large, metal gate began to open. The creaking sound echoed through the now silent arena, everyone was anticipating what was going to appear out of those gates.

I had a very bad feeling about this. Something felt off.

A faint, purple glow slowly faded in through the open abyss, and in walked the most horrifying creature I've ever seen in my life. One that was supposed to be kept away from people, away from the human realm entirely.

A demon. From the Tartarus realm.

Those things were hard enough to beat anyway. From what I know, it takes five strong dragons to take down one demon, so the three dragons down in the arena have no chance.

I glanced from the real Sting, to the three dragons hunched over in pain, to the demon stomping its way into the arena. I couldn't believe what was going on. This, this was my worst nightmare.

Natsu, I'll save you.

I ran towards Sting, swinging my leg and kicking him where the sun doesn't shine. He knelt down and screamed in pain, as I snatched the button off him. Pressing the button, I looked back down to the dragons.

It worked. They're moving!

I saw Natsu stand up and spit on a couple of his wounds, as the dragon Sting and Igneel quickly recovered from the pain they felt moments ago.

Natsu looked up at me, showing his beautiful, toothy grin. One that I hadn't seen for so long. I smiled back, a tear spilling with joy to know that he was okay.

But then I watched as his facial expression deteriorated. He was looking behind me.

I swiftly turned, but it was too late. The real Sting had grabbed me, holding me still under his harsh grip.
"You!" He growled. "You ruined EVERYTHING!" His grip tightened, and I winced because of the pain.

"Get off Luce you freak!" Natsu screamed. I could see the veins on his forehead, he looked so angry that he might burst.

I felt Sting walk forward, which also pushed me forward. We were getting closer to the edge, closer and closer. I felt my pulse increase more and more as we got closer, I was terrified.

"You know," he whispered in my ear. "I don't know why you'd want to fight on a dragon's side, they're the enemy, Lucy." I could tell that Natsu was using his super hearing to listen to the conversation.
"The only enemy here is you!" I spat. "Good people don't kill innocent ones."

"But Lucy, don't you see? They aren't people, and they're certainly not innocent. Why don't you ask how many people Natsu has killed because his father told him to. All those innocent lives taken away just to-" I interrupted him.

"Shut up!" I cried. "You're lying! You're meant to be dead for crying out loud! How can I believe you when you aren't even alive!"

I heard him sigh, and then growl quietly.

"Fine. If you won't agree with my reasoning, there's a nice, big arena full of dragons and demons down there who would really enjoy your company. I mean, since you're on their side and all."

"I'll fucking kill you Sting!" Natsu screamed. I could tell he was starting to panic, knowing he couldn't do anything to help me.

"So, what will it be sweetheart?" Sting smirked.
"I'd rather burn in the depths of hell than see to your reasoning." I spat.
"Luce! Don't! What are you doing!?" Natsu cried.

"If you die, the baby dies too!"

Word Count- 988