forty ~

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Violence warning; involves a knife. Just thought I'd let you know...
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"You're not a virgin, are you?"

I saw the anger in his eyes; if looks could kill, his could kill a million people. He got up off me, and started pacing around the room.

"ANSWER ME GODDAMMIT!" He shouted, swiftly turning to face me. I flinched, looking down.
"No, I'm not." I mumbled.
"Well, who was it?" He began pacing again. "Natsu!?"

"Sting," I sighed nervously. "Y-You're drunk, you need to ca-"
"LUCY!" Sting yelled again. "TELL ME!"
"Yes..." I muttered.

I was frightened to death, quivering under the sheets. It was deadly silent, besides the echoes of Sting's footsteps on the hard, wooden floor. He walked over to a cabinet and opened a draw. He pulled something out. It was silver. Long. Sharp.

A knife.

"S-S-Sting!?" I stuttered, jumping up from the bed. "W-what are you doing!?" He turned round, a sinister looking smile covering his face. He was messing with the knife, tossing it from hand to hand.

He looked insane.

"I love you, you know that right?" He smirked at me. "And I thought that I'd be the one to take you. But it just had to be Natsu, didn't it!?"

"S-Sting, look, I-" I was interrupted.
"That bastard Natsu!" Sting continued. "He always takes things from me, even you. Now even you belong to him."

I stood there, silent, as Sting began to get closer.
"I can't have that." He smiled menacingly, stepping closer. "So I'm going to send you somewhere where even he can't get you."

"Don't do it S-Sting..." I stuttered, stepping backwards.
"I'm gonna kill you!" He laughed.
Then he began to charge.

It all went in slow motion. I saw the evil glare in his eyes, the menacing smile on his terrifying face. The echo of his footsteps on the floor.

But then....

The sound of smashing glass.

I looked to my right, and there he was. Muscular arms. Beautiful smile. Pink hair.

My Natsu.

But before I knew it, he was in front of me.

And blood splattered everywhere. My dress, the bed, the floor.

His blood.

Even Sting was shocked. I could see his face. But then his smile grew wider.

The knife that had pierced Natsu, was now lying on the floor. Smothered in blood.

His blood.

"NATSU!!" I cried, as he collapsed on to the ground. I fell to my knees, tears overflowing onto his clothes. Mixing with blood.

His blood.

"Lucy..." He smiled up at me.

"Lucy..."

"Lucy?"

"LUCY!?" I was snapped awake by Sting calling my name.
"D-D-Don't kill me!!" I yelled. He looked at me, confused.
"Why would I do that?" He asked.
"You just killed Na-"

I looked to my right to see a perfectly clean floor. No bloodstains. No smashed window.

Now I think about it, why am I in bed again?

"What happened?" I mumbled.
"I asked you a question and you fainted on me." Sting looked worried, and slightly upset. "You scared me."

Wait, so.....

It never happened.

(A/N): Credit to glitterybarakat for the idea.

Sting then stood up and walked over to the cabinet. He opened it up and pulled something out.

Wait.

Don't be.....

It is.

It's a knife.

Did I see into the future!?

"S-Sting!" I yelled, frightened
"Don't worry." He told me. He then cut himself under his armpit.
"What are you doing!?" I questioned. He spread the blood from his armpit onto the bedsheets.

"There. Now no one will know." He said. "I think you need some space after what happened. Do you want a drink? A-"
"Sting, I'm fine." I told him.

Did I get away with it?

• (Sting's POV) •

I must say, she surprised me. I never thought that she'd.... do it.. with someone before her wedding. It was definitely Natsu. No doubt. The little shit. I want to talk with her about it, but when I asked her, she fainted on me.

I know I shouldn't, but I feel bad. Maybe she got overwhelmed. I did get a bit close.

I love her. I do. But I know that this love is one sided.

And here I am, thinking I'd won.

I'll let her sleep for now, but I need to speak with her about this.

Word Count- 727