twelve ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

It was Friday afternoon and school had just finished. I was walking home with Levy and Juvia, Natsu following a few paces behind.
"So Lucy, Juvia heard that Sting was going to your house this evening." She smiled.
"Ooh, how romantic!" Levy teased. She knew about my situation, but she was a very good actor and liar, so she acted like she never knew.
"Yes," I replied. "The Eucliffe's are coming round for dinner this evening." Levy and Juvia gave me some creepy smiles.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" I said, reaching into my bag, handing them the last two invitations to my party.
"It's tomorrow. We'll meet at mine and then take carriages up to the Hot Springs." I explained.
"Oh Lucy, this is amazing!" Levy exclaimed.
"Juvia gets to sleep in a room with Gray-Sama...." Juvia mumbled, hearts in her eyes. This made me giggle, and I heard Natsu stifle a laugh behind me.

"Well, here's my house." I said. "I'll see you tomorrow!"
"Goodbye!" They both yelled. I walked into the house to see mother waiting for me at the door.
"Where have you been?" She inquired.
"I walked home with Levy and Juvia today." I said.
"You better hurry up and get ready because they'll be here in an hour!" My mother yelled.

I started to walk up the stairs, but Natsu swept me off my feet and ran up the stairs, carrying me 'bridal style.'
"Natsu!" I yelled. He only laughed.

By the time I was ready I only had a few minutes left.
"Natsu?" I called.
"Yeah?" He walked into the room dressed in a tux, but he had no tie and his first few buttons were undone.
"Could you tighten the back of my dress?" I asked.
"Sure." He said. "You just pull the strings tighter, right?"
"Yes, then tie a knot." I explained. He tied it tight. And I mean tight.
"Luce, can you breathe?" He asked, concerned.
"Yes, don't be stupid." I replied. It made me look skinnier so I was fine with it, and it also stopped me from eating too much food.

"Princess! Natsu! We have guests!" Yelled Virgo.
"They're here." I said. "Let's go."
We walked down the stairs to greet out guests, Natsu stood back while I curtsied and shook Sting's Parent's hands. When I saw Sting, he was dressed in a white tuxedo and looked very smart. I heard Natsu snicker. But then Sting gently kissed my hand, and the laughing stopped.
"Right this way, young masters, Princess." Gestured Virgo.

I could feel the tension between Sting and Natsu.

Word Count- 438