thirty four ~

• (Sting's POV) •

It was Thursday evening and Ms. Heartfilia had come over to visit. Me, my 'mother' and Ms. Heartfilia all sat at our dining room table.

"Okay, let's begin our discussion." Ms. Eucliffe began.
"May I ask where Lucy is?" I interrupted.
"Why, I left her at the mansion with her protector, and all the servants." Ms. Heartfilia replied.
"You left Lucy with Natsu." I said in disbelief.
"Yes, he should protect her."

Clearly, she had no clue about Dragon Mating season, so I told her about it. All of it.

"H-hold on.... you're just jesting, right?" She asked me.
"I wish I was." I sighed.

"You do also know about my son, Ms. Heartfilia." Ms. Eucliffe added.
"Yes, it's not the real Sting, I know." She sighed.
"I'm also a dragon, ma'am." I told her.
There was a pause.
"So are you affected by this mating season then?" Ms. Heartfilia asked me.
"I am." I sighed.

"Capricorn!" She yelled. Capricorn walked into the room swiftly.
"Yes Miss?" He asked.
"Go back to the mansion and make sure Natsu and Lucy are behaving." She ordered.
"Of course, Ms. Heartfilia." He replied, then set off for the mansion.

Score one for Sting! (A/N): NOOO!!!

"Now let's discuss tomorrow evening." Ms. Eucliffe moved on. "We're all well aware of the proposal that is going to take place?"
"Yes." We both replied.

"Okay then, Sting. Tomorrow we're going to send you and Lucy off in a carriage to the ball, and Ms. Heartfilia will follow behind with Natsu." Ms. Eucliffe stated.

"Yes, and I'm going to have some words with Natsu too." Ms. Heartfilia muttered under her breath.

"After that Sting and Lucy will dance for a while, then Sting will lead Lucy to the balcony, which we've hired, and he'll propose there." Ms. Eucliffe concluded.
"I'll also be in the balcony to make sure Lucy doesn't make any stupid decisions." Ms. Heartfilia added.

"Alright then, it's sorted." I smiled.

Sorry Natsu, but it's game over.

I win. *audience boo's*

• (Lucy's POV) •

He dragged me off to the balcony, which was heavily guarded and restricted for certain personnel only. Of course, that meant me and Sting, but not Natsu.

We both took a deep breath of fresh air and relaxed a little.
"I'm sorry Sting," I sighed.
"There's not much we can do about it now." He replied, looking down over the balcony.

The balcony door opened and my mother walked through.
"Oh, hello dearies," She smiled, lighting a cigarette. "Are you having fun?"
"Yes mother." I replied.

"Lucy, I need to ask you something really important." Sting stood up, with one hand in his pocket.
"What is it?" I asked.
He pulled his hand out his pocket, revealing a small box.
"Lucy Heartfilia," He began, opening the dainty box.

"Will you marry me?" Sting asked me.

OhMyGod.

What.

Do.

I.

Say.

I wanted to say no with all my heart. To say "I'm sorry Sting, but I love Natsu."

But my mother just had to be there. Didn't she?

She thinks I love Sting, and she'll want me to marry him.

But I love Natsu!

I looked to my left over the balcony, to see millions of people gathered to watch. At the front I saw all my friends with smiles on their faces, except for Levy, who was literally cutting off the blood supply to Gajeel's arm.

To my right was Natsu leaning against the glass door. The look in his eyes spoke thousands of words.

'Please don't leave me.'

'I thought you loved me.'

'I love you, Luce.'

I then looked over towards my mother, who was giving me a look that said:

'Say yes.'

'Marry him.'

'Secure your future.'

Then finally, I looked at Sting. His eyes were sincere, but he couldn't hide the cheeky smirk on his face that said:

'I've won, and you know it.'

I couldn't believe it. The world was against me. I didn't ask for this. I love Natsu!

"Lucy?" Sting asked, "You look pale, are you okay?"
"I-I'm fine..." I stuttered, holding my head.

My mother was giving me a stern look, telling me to hurry up. The crowd was chanting "SAY YES! SAY YES!" And I could hear Natsu's muffled shouts coming from behind the glass.

It all whirled around my head and didn't make any sense.

"Well, what'd ya say?" Sting smiled at me. His voice was clear and peaceful in the sea of sounds in my head.

"Yes."

Word Count- 755