✴Chapter 2: Calling

"Hey D." smiled Josh as he stepped in the attic.

Davina had already stood up to hug her friend that supported her all this time she was having hardships in her life. Josh and Marcel, were always there for her. So she had to help them too with the only way she knew.

"I'm glad you made it." she smiled back and Josh shrugged.

"I couldn't let down the witch who is the reason I'm walking under the sun." he replied and pointed at his daylight ring, "So, what's the matter? You sounded upset when we talked earlier."

"No everything is alright, I just...need a favor to ask you." she answered and glanced at the vampire, who had arched an eyebrow and tilted his head suspiciously.

"Of course but...why's that face?"

"What face?"

"That face. You have that 'I'm the hero of the day' look." he responded and Davina had let out a frustrated sigh before she spoke.

"I know how to take down Klaus."

Silence. None of them spoke, they just stood in the middle of the room looking at each other's face. Well that wasn't exactly the reaction she was expecting to see but, oh well.

"Really..?" said Josh, but it wasn't actually a question or a statement either. He just found it the most suitable thing to say. "And how you're planning to take down the strongest vampire in history?"

"I'm going to bring Kol Mikealson to New Orleans."

There. She finally said it.

Even if Josh didn't agree with her, she would still do it. She was so desperate, that she ended up calling one of -them- for help. She couldn't think anything else, her routine had become a daily one. Studying on spells and ways to erase Klaus's existence from the world. Even the witch was having second thoughts about that plan and always in her mind, every version of trying to take down Klaus Mikealson, ended up with her getting killed. Like always though, Davina Claire wouldn't dare to spend a second, regretting the things she never dared to do.

"What?! Davina, are you insane? You want to bring MORE Mikealsons here? A few months ago a Mikealson sister appeared out of nowhere and now you want to reunite the family in New Orleans?" he replied after a while and Davina crossed her arms stubbornly.

"I'm not doing it because I suddenly felt sympathy for them. It's because I'm planning on making Kol my ally."

"You think he is gonna conspire against his own brother?"

"You don't understand. I have been reading my anchestor's diaries for hours now and I've learned that Kol hates Klaus because...because....Well it doesn't matter why, the only thing that matters is that he just does! I'm simply going to call him with a spell and then I'm going to offer him a deal he can't resist."

"You don't know anything about him. How can you be--"

"The fact that he's a Mikealson explains that he's capable enough to betray his own siblings. Besides, that was what Kol was doing all the time." she snapped back, as she was determined to be as persuasive as she could, so Josh would agree with her.

"So, to sum up, you want to bring that Original, Kol as you said and then you are going to make a deal with him so you two will take down Klaus together? How are you so sure that he's going to come anyway?"

She wasn't. Actually, that was the part she felt the most pessimistic. Kol didn't even know about Davina's existence, especially didn't care about it. A young witch trying to communicate with him and the possiblities of Kol responding to her call, were, below zero. But that didn't mean she couldn't try, no?

"I'm not. But I will try anyway. So you can help me with that or you can just step out of my way."

Josh glanced at his frustrated friend; he didn't know what to do. Help his best friend with her plan, or refuse to conspire against Niklaus Mikealson? Moreover, Josh belonged in Klaus's sireline, so if he died, Josh would die too. And so would Marcel.

The vampire sighed again, not knowing what to do. The blue-eyed girl was staring right into his eyes with determination, showing she wouldn't back off.

"You know that...If you manage to kill Klaus, I die too right?" he hesitantly asked, but the girl in front of him replied instantly.

"I know. That's why I am planning on casting a spell which is going to unlink you with his sire line. You and Marcel. Please Josh, help me with this."

Josh exhaled heavily and looked at his friend before giving his final decision.

"What do I have to do?"

She did it. A smile formed on her face and giggled happily.

Davina approached the table with the piles of books, grabbing one from it. She then turned its pages frantically, when she out of the blue stopped and glanced at Josh.

"Okay here's how it goes." she said and threw the book on the couch. "Before I explain to you, you must promise that you will not tell anyone about what I'm going to do. Neither Marcel nor Aiden. You have to keep it a secret."

Josh nodded with a chuckle on his face, crossing his arms in front of his chest right after that.

"Okay D. I promise."

The witch took a big breath and stepped in front of the table. On it, there was some strange herbs and a metallic bowl, filled with salt. In the center of the table, there was an other bowl, but that one was smaller and empty. Josh was kind of confused, but apparently he would never understand those witchy things.

"..In order to do the spell, I need something which belongs to the person I want to call, in that case, Kol. Unfortunately, I don't have any object that's Kol's so, that's where you come in," she said and took in her hands the empty bowl, "Klaus used to keep his siblings in coffins when they didn't "agree" with him. He always keeps those coffins near him, so that means they must be somewhere in their mansion. If you can find Kol's coffin, then there might be some hairs in it. I want you to bring me those hairs, since there's no item that used to belong to him which we know of. I'm going to use his hairs to cast the spell."

Josh, who was listening at the young witch carefully, narrowed his eyebrows suspiciously as he tilted his head to the right.

"You want me...to break into their mansion? You clearly want me dead." he replied and Davina lowered her eyes frustrated, biting her under lip.

Well, that was really like she was sending him to his death. It was dangerous, actually more than dangerous, crazy, to manage to go and come out of the Mikealsons' mansion alive. But that was one of the risks she had to take. Of course, Josh was like family to Davina, he and Marcel were the only people she cared about and she wasn't ready to give up on them. Never.

"I will. I know I might stumble into Klaus or Elijah or Rebekah, but hey, you only live once no?" he grinned sarcastically and Davina gave him a warm smile.

They embraced each other, reminding Davina what a true friend that guy was. How he stood by her side, how much support he had given to her.

"Thank you Josh." she mumbled under her breath and he chuckled.

"Any time D." he retorted and and they broke apart, "I should be going. I guess working as James Bond won't be an easy job."

And with that he left from the attic, leaving the young witch alone in the room.