✴Chapter 38: Until

He stared at her. Then back at it. At her. At it.

Davina had been gazing at the necklace for the last five minutes now, trying to figure out how she would exactly move the jewelry without directly touching it. It would be troubling if she was going to return back to that artificial world.

Kol, on the other hand, was lying on the bed and looking at Davina and at the necklace at once. After the moment they had shared, the girl was determined to get rid of that object once and for all.

"Darling, what are you doing? Glaring at the thing won't make it teleport you know."

"I know, I know," she huffed displeased, "But I can't just let it be. I have to hide it or destroy it. Whatever works."

The vampire shifted in his seat, running his fingers in circles on the covers he was resting on. He had a look of boredom on his face, his eyes gazing intensely at the girl for a long time, as if pleading her to give him the attention he deserved.

He didn't like being ignored like that.

"Little witch."

For the first time in the past few minutes, she looked up at him. She didn't notice his expressiosless face and how lifelessly he was staring at her.

"Why is that necklace getting more attention than me?"

Finally, it struck her. She detected the annoyance behind Kol's comment and, frankly, he had every right to be pissed; she was more concerned about that jewelry than actually spending time with him. And she had told him to stay, just so she could ignore him?

Eventually, she gave in. The edges of her lips curved up as she steadily approached him.

"Aren't you being an attention-seeker?"

A sudden spark lit in his darkened eyes, the mischief painting his cunning face. Ah there he is. It didn't take him long enough to turn back to his original flirtatious self.

He smiled widely, but without revealing his striking white teeth. It was a goofy smile, intentionally being humorous.

"When it comes to you, yes."

She laughed light-heartedly. Just one word from him made her forget all about that enchanted black onyx.

She sat at the end of the bed, her smile slowly fading away. She thought about something, something she felt like telling him now that things were like that between them.

"Woah. Troubling face." he cracked a smile, propping his head up.

"Yeah. Well, there's something I want to tell you."

"Little witch, we are just getting started and you're already using that heart-racing sentence?"

She smiled bitterly. "I promise this is a good something."

He sat up. He understood the gravity of the situation, thus his face turning serious. He had moved closer to her now, his eyes lovingly boring into hers.

Who thought Kol Mikealson's eyes could hold so much love and warmth?

"Remember about our deal?"

"You mean how I was supposed to help you with that gold dagger?"

"Yes."

"Darling, it's-"

"I no longer want that deal with you."

He leaned back, confused. He certainly did not expect that.

"A certain someone made me realise that I'm just wasting my time on meaningless things."

Hesitantly, she placed her palm on his right cheek, a compassionate smile accompanying the loving gesture.