✴Chapter 7: Mendacity

Why the bloody hell did his head hurt so much? And where was he laying on anyway?

Kol let out a groan, moving his head to the side. The back of his head was in pain like it had been hit against a wall multiple times. Why did it hurt so bloody much? Not to mention the sudden dizziness that prevented him from opening his eyes. Those still hurt and he wasn't ready to face the bright rays of the sun that were stroking the left side of his face.

In his ears rang the sound of footsteps nearing him swiftly, though at first he plainly considered it was a figment of his imagination. But a soft voice whispering things wasn't in his head. Indeed, yes, a very very soft voice could be heard near by, but Kol wasn't able to recognise it.

Eventually, he decided it was high time he woke up.

"Finally you are awake."

His eyes opened wide and, in a brief second Kol was standing on his feet and searching for the source of the voice. But as soon as he tried to run, he found himself bumping into an invisible barrier. What the.. He looked down to his feet, only to see a round circle surrounding him which, seemed like it was trapping him in there. His eyes shot up, glaring daggers when he realised what had been done. "I'll kill you." he simply stated.

Davina flipped her hair behind, raising her gaze in order to meet his. "No you won't." she replied as she blew the candle in front of her. "You will stay there for a long time."

"You think a spell can hold me back?" he scoffed while he was delivering punches to the barrier in front of him, "When I am going to get out of here, I will rip off your head and chop all your limbs. I'll make sure you will feel every moment of your death, Davina Claire."

The witch didn't respond to him immediately, she was too busy studying a very important spell. But his intense stares weren't helping her on concentrating, so she gave up in the end. "I don't think you would want to do that if you hear to what I had to say. And if you had just listened to me from the start, we could have had a civil conversation in a nice cafe now." she added, turning her full body to face him.

Kol stared at her for a moment more in an attempt of using his compulsion. But no. Heck, this wasn't working on witches. And now he was stuck in that attic with a witch he ultimately despised; and he could do nothing about it. Kol had to think of an escape plan soon, because he never really liked staying at one place for a long time. Besides, he had to finish off what he had started in that bar.

"And what was that you wanted me to hear darling?" he tried to ease the anger inside him, not because he wanted to give a second chance to that girl but because he had to regain control. And then, earn the witch's trust. Yes, that should work. After all, she was just a teenage little witch. It would be a piece of cake to earn her trust.

But that specific witch, knew better.

Davina took a big breath while blinking her eyes repeatedly as if something was bothering them, "Oh I am sorry, but I am not going to tell you anything yet. I am in the middle of preparing it after all and it's still in process."

Kol's eyes darkened quickly as he gripped firmly his knuckles. She was playing games with him huh? At least, he wouldn't die of boredom during his short stay there. He looked around once more, because apparently the little witch wasn't in a mood to continue the conversation. Better for him. He had all the time in the world now to study the room and plan his escape route.