✴Chapter 14: Straightforward

Oh boy that was a long night.

Her back was aching, her body was shivering and the pillow was harder than wood. Call her capricious or whimsical but, any body would go numb sleeping in a bed like that which actually, didn't resemble a bed at all.

Either way, she would have to endure the pain and the lack of sleep. She came here for a purpose and she was willing to stay as long as it was needed.

“What is..Ah!” her eyes shot open, a small gasp escaped her throat and soon, she found herself landing on her butt next to the bed. “What..was that..”

It was a raven; a pitch black raven which had suddenly bursted into the room at dawn. The witch was met with the harsh caw of a crow, breaking the eerie silence. While it was flying around the room, the raven managed to leave a scar on her forearm and, after having achieved its goal, it flew out of the window just like that. It was the worst way to wake up someone, especially someone who hadn't enjoyed some sleep.

“Davina are you okay?” panted Rebekah who was sleeping on the other bed across the room. Oh of course. Davina had completely forgotten Rebekah was there too, sharing a room with her. She was startled too by the raven, but no where as near as Davina was.

“Yeah... I... I am good. What the hell was that?” she breathed, combing her hair with the help of her fingers. Her eyes fell on the scar it left behind, which hurt pretty bad actually!

Rebekah sighed and shook her head. “...Mother. She is.. Never mind. That filthy bird was hers.”

Davina narrowed her eyes sceptically. Hers? Why would she have a raven? She just pushed the thought at the back of her head and yawned, not in the mood to fall into deep thoughts again. The little witch sat up shortly after Rebekah had spoken, stretched her back and quickly stood on her feet.

Well that was one of a hell morning.

“Come on, Davina. We should have breakfast and then, my mother might be able to do something with this memory loss of yours.” Rebekah said and fixed her clothes, soon exiting the room and heading to the so-called kitchen.

Davina's body stiffened. Oh crap. She had completely forgotten about it. Esther was supposed to give her some herbs or potion in order to help her regain her "lost" memories. Well, it couldn't hurt, could it? Despite the fact she was suffering from memory loss, some herbal drugs wouldn't hurt, right? Right..?

Oh boy.

~ • ~

“Oh good morning love,” a voice with heavy British accent greeted her as soon as she entered the room, four male faces giving her bright smiles. Even though she had met the three of them, the last one, the one who stood at the very back of the room was an unfamiliar person with a pair of black eyes and dark hair. Was he another Mikealson? She thought and returned the polite gesture to the other three.

“Davina you haven't met our older brother, Fin, have you?” spoke Elijah, his eyes resting upon the fourth person.

Of course he was another Mikealson.

Fin didn't bother standing from his seat to greet Davina and his rather cold expression didn't demonstrate any kind of a warm welcome. He was just standing there with an apathetic attitude towards everyone, not to mention the way he frowned as soon as her name was mentioned. With other words, Fin was very displeased with Davina's presence there.