✴Chapter 29: Comparison

"... I've just got one thing to say."

"What?"

"You have created a really big fat mess, young lady." Camille bit her under lip as she kept polishing the glass in her hand, "And this time, I will have to side with Marcel."

"Cami!"

"I'm being serious, Davina. You shouldn't have done that. Neither me nor Marcel, not even Josh, asked you to do this for us. I'm honestly confounded. From all people, you brought Kol Mikealson here?"

The witch puffed her cheeks and with a very upset face she turned her eyes away from the blonde bartender. It was hard explaining to her what had happened from the day Davina found Mary Alice's diaries until now. And by the time she was done, Camille had the exact reaction the brunette was expecting to see.

"I know what I did was a mistake."

"And you do realise that in this very bar he tried to kill me a few days ago?" her friend furrowed her brows now, angrier than before, "And not just me. He killed hundreds of people in just a week."

"... I can still fix it, Cami." the younger one protested, "I have it under control now. I just want you to have faith in me okay?"

"And you didn't even tell me what you were planning to do," she murmured under her breath, placing the glass she was holding on the counter.

"Had I told you about it, you would have tried to stop me."

That didn't seem to satisfy the blonde as she grabbed another glass and began wiping it frantically. That's when Davina placed gently her hand on her friend's wrist, earning a very frustrated look from the bartender.

"Please Cami, not you too. Don't be like that." Davina begged, lowering her voice as a couple passed by and sat in one of the booths, "Josh is mad at me and blames himself for what happened. Marcel is disappointed because I hid everything from him. And I know I'm part of the reason you almost die here and I know I'm asking too much of you right now but... I really need someone who won't yell at me or tell me how much I messed up."

She stared at her for a long moment. And then she sighed. It sounded so relieving that moment her sigh, so redeeming. In the end, Camille cracked a small smile, one a mother would give to her child after it had done something naughty. "I can't be mad at you. You know that. I know you had good intentions. But it was still a big-, no, a huge risk to bring another vampire here. Another Mikealson."

"Hey Cami, can I ask you something?"

"... Go ahead."

"How did you manage to communicate with Klaus?" Davina asked, staring blankly at the just pollished glass, "Wasn't it frustrating? Weren't there times when he just refused to listen to you, when he thought he knew better? Didn't it get hard some times to keep up with him? To understand his complicated way of thinking?"

Camille arched an eyebrow with a chuckle. "Are you implying that Kol might be just like Klaus?"

Her question seemes to trigger Davina as her head shot up, their eyes meeting. "Of course not. Kol is certainly not like his brother."

"... Can you really know that? Aren't all Mikealsons the same?"

"Well, no, but... I think I can understand him, Cami." she let out a deep sigh, "Not entirely. But there are times where I can see he's not just... pure evil. He might have a good side too."

Yes, he had a good side. A side she got to see through his memories.

"So, do you believe he has some redeeming qualities?"