✴Chapter 27: Square One

"Davina? Davina!" Josh yelled, gripping tightly Davina's hand. Her body had suddenly began spasming out, thrashing amd kicking. Josh tried to pin her down, panicking at the sight of his friend. "Davina wake up! Come on, wake up!"

She had a painful expression plastered on her face, as if she was going through pure torture. What was happening? For a moment, Josh thought of letting go her hand in order to wake her up, but then he remembered that this would only make things worse.

And as if she had heard him, she gasped and opened wide her eyes, absolute terror written all over her pale face. Her hands were automatically placed over her stomach, wheezing. She was horrified, something which actually worried Josh a lot.

"Davina! Oh god you're okay," he breathed, placing his hands on her shoulders, "What happened? You're terrified. What did you see?"

She was still in a state of shock and in no position to answer any kind of questions that moment. Her eyes darted around frantically, scanning the room. The attic. She was back. She did it. She was back and that was all that mattered. Oh how glad she was to be back again. Josh was there, her guardian angel and he had stood by her side all this time she was knocked out. She turned her head to the right and froze. Kol. He was there, unconscious, dark veins decorating his petrified skin. For a moment his different appearance surprised her but, soon the memories kept flooding back. Oh crap.

And as Josh went on with asking her questions, she abruptly cut him off. "Um, Josh, I'll explain everything later, I promise. But right now, can you leave me alone for a moment?"

"What? No, Davina, Kol will-"

"I'll be fine. Just, please leave me alone with him."

He was more confused than ever and her request scared him to death. What about Marcel? He would come in any minute to check if she had woken up! And Kol? Oh he certainly did not forget what they did to him. This was madness! What was going on?

"D, you don't understand, Marcel, he-"

"Josh." she stopped him sharply, "Not now. Please. I... I have to talk to him. I have to talk to Kol."

It was pointless to argue with her any more. He simply stood up and accepted the fact she would not listen. "Okay. Fine. But if something happens, scream. I'll go check if someone comes, just in case."

What happened while she was in his mind? Why was she acting like that?

With those thoughts tormenting his mind, he turned around and walked out of the door, hoping Marcel wouldn't come any time soon.

Davina let out a sigh of relief once Josh had closed the door behind. She didn't know why she wanted to talk to him or what she had to say, but what she indeed knew was that she wanted to see him. As a matter of fact, Kol would not have any clue about what happened in his mind. And that's what partly scared her. Davina did not change the past, she just relived a memory. So when he woke up, he would still remain hostile towards her. She would have to face his rage once he would open his eyes again.

She sat next to him, pursing her lips. What now?

The lifeless body before her, soon looked more like a body of a sleeping person, the veins disappearing quickly and his chest began going up and down. Any minute now. And then, the next second, a big gasp was heard in the silent room. Kol instantly sat up, his eyes staring blankly at nothingness. He seemed utterly confused; it took him a couple of seconds to finally be aware of his surroundings, to be aware of Davina's presence.

"Kol?" she called him, furrowing her eyebrows, "Can you hear me?"

He turned his head to look at her. He was expressionless. Well, only for a second. It wasn't long before his eyes turned pitch black, red veins spread under them like tangled branches and a very spiteful glare was piercing her gaze. "You." he growled.