✴Chapter 33: Late Night Talk

The sunlight must have been the most annoying thing in the morning.

Davina tossed the covers off her. Stretching her back as she sat up, her eyelids barely opened due to the light. Morning already, huh? Bravely, she looked at the wide open window which she had obviously forgot to shut close last night as she left with Kol.

She smiled. Kol. It really was an epic night. The music, the booming of the bass from the speakers, the massive crowd, everything was so fresh and vivid in her memory.

With the events of last night swirling around her mind, she let her bare feet touch the floor. Her eyes, more awake now, looked over the door; oh that's right. Kol had helped her get to the attic, since she was feeling pretty light-headed.

And then, it happened.

"Where do you have it?"

"I don't know, I thought I had it in my jeans pocket! Wait..." she paused for a while as the girl kept searching her pockets, eventually touching something cold in her jacket's pocket, "Oh I think I got it, here."

"Okay give it to me, I'll open the door." Kol said and tried to keep her body steady, as he had wrapped his arm around her waist and hers around his neck, "Love come on, give me the key."

She pushed him aside. "I can open the door, Kol. I'm perfectly capable of unlocking a door."

For some reason he stepped back and watched her with an amused smirk as she struggled to fit the little thing in the keyhole, "You sure? You're trembling."

This keyhole was really frustrating. Why did it keep moving around? "Yeah I'm sure. Here, see?"

But no matter how much she tried, the key refused to find its way into the hole.

"Still not giving up?" He teased her, earning a simple huff from her.

Kicking the door with all her might, she attempted one last time to open it. But as the key finally slipped into the heyhole, thanks to her anger and frustration from before, she turned the key so clumpsily that she managed to break it in two pecies.

One stuck in the keyhole, and the other in her hand.

"Are you serious?" he blinked, "How on earth did you do that?"

Davina stared at the broken key in her palm. Perfect. She had just locked herself outside.

"Ugh for real," she murmured and slid down the door. "I guess the floor is my bed for the night."

Kol gave her a smirk and without having any second thoughts he sat down next to her. "How dramatic. I can bust the door open if you want."

Snapping her head to the side, Davina gave him a frightened look. "No thanks. I need the door to keep unwanted visitors away."

Kol smiled. "Hope you don't mean me, little witch."

Davina rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. There was awkward silence for a few moments, both staring straight and lost in thought.

But then the girl turned to the side, looking at his profile. "Why are you staying here?"

Kol turned too his head, chuckling. "Excuse me?"

"I mean you don't live here. I'm the one who's stuck outside. You can go, so why are you sitting here on the floor with me?"

The vampire broke the eye contact. But it wasn't the whole staring thing that bothered him that moment. It was how close he was to the little witch, shoulders brushing, and how warm she felt. An overwhelming scent filled his nostrils, slowly driving him crazy. Her scent was like pomegranate with honey, such a peculiar and strange combination. But still, a perfect one.