Epilogue

How lovely.

Davina cracked a smile, wrinkles forming on the outer corner of her eyes. Times like this, when she was overflowing with happiness, how could she hide a honest smile like this?

She quietly stared at the gondolas go by as she took a sip of her spritz, the chitter chatter in the hidden restaurant and the soft music softly playing in the background, a perfect mix to her ears.

Everything about that place was magical.

"I hope you're not staring at that young gondolier, darling."

The girl cocked a brow playfully, watching with the corner of her eye as Kol took a seat across her, a glass of fine wine in his right hand.

"Actually, I was admiring the Rialto bridge but, now that you've mentioned it..." she left her words unfinished, slowly settling her gaze upon the gondola passing by.

Indeed, the canoe was propelled by a man around his mid twenties, his short but still curly brown hair sticking out of his wide-brimmed straw hat. Freckles decorated the very top of his cheeks, and hazel eyes sparkled as he himself admired in awe the city around him, the grand canal and the busy streets of Venice. With much delicacy and skill he used a rowing oar to handle the gondola as if it was the most fragile thing in the world. It was apparent he knew what he was doing, and he was confident in his skills.

For a brief moment, his eyes met with the witch's, his smile growing a bit wider as he kept his gaze upon her more than normal. That, until he noticed a smiling too Kol staring back at him too, waving his fingers at him.

The poor gondolier's face went straight for a moment, before he turned his attention back to propelling the canoe.

Davina rolled her eyes and rested her crossed arms upon the table, smirking at the Original.

"Now that was very rude of you."

"Me or him?" Kol replied with a chuckle, running his finger along the tip of his glass.

"He didn't do anything bad, you know."

"Just for a very annoyingly long time having his dull empty eyes piercing through your skull as if they were X-rays."

The girl let out a light-hearted laugh, but Kol only furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as if he could not comprehend her reaction.

"What? I can recognise that look in a man's eyes from miles. You're lucky I was here to save you from them."

"And what would he do, jump out of the gondola and come swimming towards me?" the girl rolled her eyes, suppressing another laugh.

Kol leaned back in his seat, his intense gaze never leaving her eyes as he took another sip of his wine.

"No, but I could make sure he stayed in the water for a long, long, long time-"

"Kol!"

"Okay not that long," he chuckled softly, "I would have to make it short. After all, we have a flight to catch in... Eight hours from now."

"That soon?"

Davina sighed. She hated that she had to say goodbye to that magnificent city with the labyrinthine streets, but the thought of new destinations, cultures and places made her frown fade away.

"Soon? We've been here for ten days, love. Not mention Madrid and Athens, that took us far too long-"

She sighed in defeat. "Yes yes, I know. But it was fun, wasn't it?"

The Mikealson placed his glass on the table, tapping his fingers on the wood.

"I never said it wasn't." He smiled.