✴Chapter 4: If They Knew

-FOUR DAYS AGO-

How boring.

He thought, a small sigh escaping from his lips. He looked down, glancing at the fast cars passing by. Drivers shouting at each other, couples wandering around the town and some drunk men hitting on some young girls. That was the routine of this town. Sure, the people tasted nice here, but it was so boring.

Certainly, things were much better in 1876.

Ever since the accident in Mystic Falls, four years ago, Kol had managed to flee and go to some other places he used to visit before being kept in a coffin for almost a century. He didn't even try to get in contact with his siblings; why would he anyway? All these years the only thing those people did for him was backstabbing him. Literally.

He could only rely on him. No one else was trustworthy and besides, what was the point of trusting someone? Eventually, people would betray you in order to survive. It's not their fault really. That was what humans were doing ever since they first walked on earth.

The Original stood on his feet as he took a big breath; staring at the view was something he could do later. For now, all he needed was to feed on some human.

In the next few minutes, a pain shot him; like a burning flame in his head, the pain took over his body and kneeled him down; he recognized this pain. Someone was trying to communicate with him.

A calling spell?

At first, it was a blurry image in his mind; fade faces with unfamiliar voices. How? How could someone contact him? To perform such a spell, you needed to have in your possession something which belonged to the person you were calling. At first, he thought Niklaus or Rebekah or even Elijah were trying to find him, but an image of a young girl made every previous thought vanish. He was sure he hadn't seen her before because certainly he would remember such a pretty face.

"Soo.... Did it work?" said the guy who was with her as he crossed his arms.

The girl hesitated for a moment before she answered him.
"Yes. But if he comes or not, it clearly depends on Kol's choice."

He furrowed his eyebrows. He knew that look. It was the look of a determined and strong person, a look he had seen once in that witch, Mary Alice Claire. Could it be..? Kol tried to focus not only on the two people but on their surroundings; a king-sized bed and lightened candles everywhere, a huge mirror near the door and two big windows, as the sunlight illuminated the whole room.

He flinched. How could he not notice it earlier? It was the attic of St. Anne's Church which is located in New Orleans. New Orleans.. How many years ago had it been since the last time he had been there? It's a little nostalgic owing to the fact it was the place he once called home, a place where he and his siblings were once ruling.

He hesitated for a moment as he regained control of his body, questions swirling around his mind. A Claire witch. He could only imagine why would she call him, from all people.

A wide smirk spread across his face as he shoved his hands in his pockets. Well, a trip to New Orleans sounds like fun. And if the Claire witch called him, that means his siblings must have been in New Orleans.

Time for a family reunion.

-PRESENT-

Davina slammed the door behind as she entered the attic. No! No, everything was wrong! She messed up and she couldn't do a thing about it! How, how could she have done something so foolish? She was supposed to get rid of the Originals, not to bring more!