✴Chapter 28: Poison and Sarcasm

It was starting to annoy her, how much she was shaking that moment. Sitting on Marcel's comfortable couch wasn't just enough for her to relax, since her body was still tensed and in no position to move at all.

"Here, drink this." Marcel handed her a cup of warm tea, burning her palms with its warmth. He bent down and, with a worried expression on his face, he kissed lightly her forehead, sighing. "I think the fever has finally dropped."

The girl shuddered under his touch. Apparently, after Marcel had found her in that cabin in the woods, thanks to Kol's "small headstart", Davina seemed to suffer from high fever. Funny, while she was talking with Kol, she felt completely fine. But then again, the high fever might be a side effect from that eventful ritual. Let's not forget, travelling through a vampire's mind is neither pleasant nor easy.

And magic always comes with a price. Even if it was just a fever.

Without wanting to, in her mind popped the tender kiss she had shared with Kol back in that memory; it was as if it had happened just a few minutes ago, the sensation of his soft well-shaped lips still torturing hers, taunting her. And then, her mind ran free as she remembered how much he had trusted her, the way his eyes lit up whenever she was adressing to him. She wanted that Kol back.

But, think back to what happened in that cabin. He seemed as if his own thoughts were in conflict when she apologised and not only that. Most of the time he was nervous, he wasn't as cocky as he had always been. Was he confused too by what was happening?

"I still don't understand why you would be so reckless and do such thing," Marcel scolded her, his eyes darkening a bit, "And what you were trying to find in his head."

"I told you Marcel, I did it for you. For Josh, for Cami," she replied but then lowered her head shamefully, "But I shouldn't have done it. I realise it now."

"At least you understand now."

"I shouldn't have invaded his head like that."

"Wait what?" he uttered, utterly confused, "You regret invading his mind but you don't regret bringing him to New Orleans?"

Davina threw the blanket off her shoulders and placed the cup on the coffee table. She stood on her feet, her body feeling stronger and sturdier than before. A new wave of confidence washed over her. "I have to go."

But the vampire wouldn't let her leave that easily. He was too worried for her, for what she might do and who she might meet. He settled his hands on her shoulders, squeezing them tightly. "Where are you going now, D? To find Kol? Because if you're going to talk to him, I won't-"

"No Marcel. I am not. You don't have to worry about that."

Marcel sighed, looking deeply in his eyes. "D, I don't like lies between us. I want you to trust me. I'm here for you. Just, tell me what's going on."

Davina took a big breath and smiled bitterly. "I promise Marcel... One day, I will."

~ • ~

No, no, NO!

His tight fist met the wall, breaking a brick in two. The poor wall of that dark alley had to endure Kol's anger for a while now but, luckily, the Original did not create a hole that day. It was a miracle though how the wall managed to stay in place after all those supernatural punches.

"Bloody hell!" he hissed, gritting his teeth. What the hell was happening to him? 'Let her go?' That was not something Kol Mikealson would do. Not in a million years. After everything this goddamn witch did to him, he decided to simply let her live? And not only that, but help her with the damn dagger too?!