Chapter 37

Chapter 37

~Blake POV~

I didn’t fight back after or while being blindfolded and led out of the room. It was no use but I did count my steps and found that I was being taken further in. We climbed down stairs and turned corners until I was thrown onto my knees and un-blinded.

All of us had been gathered together after days-maybe even week-of being held captive. My heart stopped at the sight of Coral. She was huddled so close to Ben. She had lost color from her cheeks and had visibly lost some weight.

Then she made eye contact with me. Those beautiful big brown eyes had lost all joy they once had. In their place lay a vacant and helpless person, vulnerable as well.

Jealousy instantly filled my heart. I wanted to be the one holding and comforting her just as Ben was doing.

Ben hadn’t looked at me once, as though he were almost afraid to. Looking around I noticed our surroundings: Grey walls, lights everywhere, cold air. We were all seated on the floor in a circle with a guard behind everyone and at every corner and exit possible. It was obviously ridiculous because we obviously weren’t going anywhere.

No one spoke. Not even Rick, who I knew took his job seriously, was attempting to escape. I knew it must be hitting him hard. Tom was his mentor and idol. He looked up to him so much. Chris wasn’t even trying to crack a joke and Dean, poor guy. First job as a rookie and already he was facing a possible death sentence. Hell, I knew we all were.

Auntie wasn’t in the room. How odd. I figured she would be with us as well unless-

No. A slight panic rose in my chest as I feared the worst. I silently prayed that she was okay and hoped for a slim miracle that she found a way to escape.

The creak of the metal door caused all heads to turn at Tom, who bore a smile on his face.

“Well well if it isn’t my favorite group of people” he said “Welcome!”

Silence; He looks around at each of us individually and his smile fades when he notices Auntie missing.

“Kyle where is James with Elizabeth?” he growled. Kyle, who had kicked back like it was a Saturday movie night, tipped his ball cap up.

“He said he’d be here by now”

“Well go get him!” Tom yelled. Kyle, slightly annoyed, muttered a string of curse words but got up and signaled a few guards to follow after him.

“A simple order and James thinks he can do everything as long as he damn well pleases” he said “but no matter. After Elizabeth is here, it will all be over.”

“In the mean time however, let’s have a little fun shall we?” he walked down the stairs dusting his coat off, “How about we start with…Coral”

She flinched as he got closer to her. My blood boiled in anger, but Ben held her tighter.

“Relax Benjamin, I won’t hurt her…well, not yet anyway”

“What do you want from me?” she cried

“A simple thing really” he boomed “I’m sure you already know by your…friend, that you are a very important person.

She nodded. Ben must have told her. I had specifically instructed everyone not to tell her until it was time, but it didn’t matter now. It was as good a time as any.

“And you must have also figured out by now that I am the one who murdered your mother.”

He said it with such nonchalance. Everyone perked their heads up, all except Coral and I. It didn’t surprise me seeing as I had kind of figured out he was “Falcon. It was the one detail he had omitted from the paper. He didn’t want to give away his identity so he’d carefully fabricated the newspaper clip so that it looked like a one page clipping. The slight fringing at the bottom showed otherwise. I wasn’t put as the head of missions for nothing.