Chapter 33

~Sophia POV~

I awoke with a loud yawn as I sat up to stretch my arms, but something felt different.

For one my plush mattress was gone and replaced by a hard, spring one.

Then I noticed I wasn't in my room. The walls were a stony, rustic grey and not like the minty green of mine and Coral's room.

And the last thing I noticed was that I was in a cell-like room, almost like a prison.

But I wasn't alone.

At the far end if the space sat a couple in tattered rags (and I say rags because their clothes were dirty, wrinkled, and torn) shackled against the wall by the ankle. Both were looking at me rather curiously.

"Umm..hello" I greeted quietly.

Silence they greeted me with, they must think i'd hurt them.

"What is your name?" The woman asked.

"Sophia" I answered "Who are you?"

"I'm Patrick" the man softly spoke "and this is Emily"

Those names...

"You're Coral's guardians" I spoke more as a fact than question.

"Yes" Patrick confirmed "you're her guard aren't you"

"One of them" I shrugged and winced as a pain tore through my back.

"You've been out for almost a day." Emily said. No kidding, it was almost as if someone stabbed through the length of my back

"Where are we?" I asked biting back the pain, my voice coming out choppy.

"We're in Falcon's prison"

So he did get us after all. I looked all around for any window or crevice to get us out, but to our dismay everything was set in stone.

"It's under the agency's headquarters" Partick said "they can't hear us nor do they know about this place"

"Except Falcon" Emily finished.

"Under the agency'a headquarters?"

They both nodded "the agency was over this prison. The ones who built it didn't know about It until my uncle discovered it."

"So what is a prison doing underground anyway?" I asked. If his uncle had discovered it, why didn't he notify everyone else about it?

"My uncle didn't think anything of it." he continued "So he let it be. He was a very supersticious man and thought he'd disturb spirits if he brought it down. Instead, he workd the plumbing and such around the prison. After he died, Flcon must have discovered it and found a way to enter it outside the agency"

As I listened to his story I tried to piece everything together. So it was discovered by his uncle who told no one and then Falcon found it. But the question was, how he found it.

It had to be someone who works for the agency, but who?

Before I opened my mouth to ask who it was, the door of the room opened to reveal-

"Kyle?"

A wide sneer like the Chesire cat contorted his face "Hello Sophia"

The sick amusement in his voice was unsettling, completely odd, and judging by the dagger eyes that both Patrick and Emily gave him, something was completely and utterly wrong.

"We'll isn't this a family reunion!" He motioned with his arms "you know Patrick, you didn't tell me you were good at history lessons, you make an excellent history Professor!"