Chapter 21

Recap:

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, tearing open the white fence as I ran. By the time I reached the house, my cheeks were stained with shameful tears and my heart feeling like it broke into a million pieces.

"Hey Coral check out Rick's-Whoa are you ok? Chris or Dean asked. I couldn't be bothered because i ignored them and went up to my room, slamming the door behind me.

For the first time since my parents abandoned me, I truly felt betrayed. And what hurt me the most is that it was from the one I loved the most.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20

"Coral?" The door kept pounding. I wished whoever it was would shut up and leave me alone.

I pulled the thick blanket over my head and closed my eyes praying for sleep to come.

"Coral will you open the door? It's Ben"

I felt awful for ignoring Ben, but could you really blame me? He'd been so kind to me like the rest of the guys, but only he knew what was going to happen today

A defeated sigh came from the other side, then a low crinkling sound.

After what seemed like hours I fell asleep drowning in bittersweet nightmares about all the good times Blake and I had that started out amazing and they all ended in terrible heartbreaking scenes.

Sometime during the climax of my nightmare fiasco, I awoke in a cold sweat, panting hard.

I felt so stupid for showing my most vulnerable side to him, but he had done it to. What I didn't understand was why he had and then turn into the cold hearted godzilla he was when I first met him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I spent a week without comming out of my room. Sophia hadn't returned yet and was due to arrie first thing tomoorow morning. I tried to hide the depressed mood I was in when she called me on my cell and she seemed to buy it, saying that when she came back she had a surprise for me. 

Going to sleep seemed impossible. Like when you have a nightmare you wouldn't want to go back to sleep. 

Thus was the case here, but I managed at least five minutes before soft snores jolted me awake. Startled, I fell out of my bed onto a soft thing that groaned.

Knowing that the voice was definitely masculine, I rolled of him and felt around for the edge of my bed to attempt a position and defend myself.

Instead, my hand found the edge of the side table lamp. I felt up the metal neck of it and reached for the turning pin. Once the bright light flooded that corner of the room, I squinted so my eyes could adjust to the foucus of the room, which happened to be the intruder who slept by my bed in which I clearly remembered locking it.

"Oh good you're awake" The brown haired, amber-eyed boy sat in his same position, rubbing the sleepiness away from his eyes.

"Ben? What the hell man, you scared the crap out of me" I let out a sigh of relief. It was only Ben,

"Ah...yeah...sorry about that" he said rubbing the back of his neck rather awkwardly. Of course, I did catch him sleeping next to my bed, so it was rather creepy.

I rolled my eyes. Then looking over to the other side I noticed the bed was still made

"Where's Sophia?" 

"She's not back from headquarters with James yet so I came check in on you and I gess I ended up falling asleep.

I narrowed my eyes "How did you even open my door?"