Chapter 25

Recap:

"I see You're enjoying your pasta" 

I muffled a nod as I continued to stuff myself with the creamy noodles. I didn't remember the last time I'd come to a fancy place like this. But Kyle and I continued to chat over dinner and my thoughts of the previous few weeks events were forgotten.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

CORAL POV

After dinner Kyle offered to drive me home. Since he was the one that took me, I afreed and excused myself to the rest room.

Washing my hands and then drying them, I gripped the edge of the sink and took a deep breath.

I remembered Sophie's warning about Ben and Rick being here. I had come to the restroom hoping they would follow. I needed to talk to them. So I mentally counted to ten and made my way out. Sure enough both of them were outside masked with alert facial expressions. I made my way toward them and coughed

"gentlemen"

both turned their heads "Coral" Rick spoke "I trust you're having a good evening"

I nodded "yes, so far no danger" Looking in Kyle's direction, I could see him slightly tapping his foot.

"I'll see you guys at home okay?"

Bith nodded "we'll be right behind you"

No kidding

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The ride back home was strange.

It was silent, the air conditioning blasted cold air and I was beginning to feel tired.

Just before I gave into the unconciousness called sleep, Kyle spoke up

"So you'e nineteen, out of school, and living by yourself?"

I silently nodded

"What about the others that  are in your house?"

The hairs on the back of my neck prickled. I got a bad feeling about this, "What about them?"

"They live with you?"

i scrambled through my brain from our earlier conversation until finally figured it out.

"Ben and Chris are my cousins and the Paxton cousins are family friends as well as Rick and Dean."

"And James?" he proded. I narrowed my eyes, how did he know James's name but not the others

"Oh well James is Sophia's boyfriend"

"I see" he said with an observant smile. Suddenly I let out an unescapable yawn.

"Getting sleepy?" he asked amusedly. I felt my cheeks heat up a little "Yeah"

"Well you're in luck, we're here"

True to his word, the car came to a soft stop and he shut off the engine. Getting out of the car, he came around to my side and opened the door for me offering his hand.

I smiled at the sweet gesture. And they said chivalry was dead. 

He walked me up to the door, my hand looped through his arm.

"i had a really nice time tonight" 

"Me too" I responded. As cliched as this dinner was, I really did have a nice time.

"Well I guess this is goodbye then" I hinted. The look on his eyes glistened. With what, I don't know, but they were as grey and beautiful as ever.