Chapter 3

Picture of Coral------------>

 Chapter 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got home I had to take "Sir Blake's" things up to his room. I showed him around the house and told him his aunt's room was strictly off limits, as per her request. He didn't believe me of course, so he went straight to his room to unpack his things and told me not to bother him. Whatever. I went downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed another coke from the fridge and sat down. There was a note from Ms. Elizabeth on the counter,

Coral,

   I hope you made it safely. I'm sure you already met my nephew. 

   Hope he wasn't to much too handle. Thanks a lot I owe you one!

   See you tomorrow.

         Elizabeth

P.S. I went to your house and picked up some

of your things so you could stay over night.

Don't worry your sister helped me out and if 

I missed anything you're welcome to take

anything you need. The guest room is open 

and ready for you to use.

She went to my house and picked up my things?

I've never stayed here for longer than a whole day! And she's letting me stay the night? Nice.

I take the note off the counter top and make my way toward the guest room. My duffel bag is already there. I open it to see what she had brought. My pajamas and clothes for tomorrow are there. The only thing I'm missing was a tooth brush. I decide to take a hot bath and then walk downstairs to watch cartoons. I like watching cartoons, I don't really like watching reality shows like the one's on MTV because they're all about someone's everyday life. I feel like those people have nothing else to do. To me, they seem desperate for attention. And they sometimes wonder why people stalk them.

I am watching Spongebob when I hear a loud thump from the stairs.

"Ouch!" it sounds like Blake, so I go check. On second thought, maybe not. Let him suffer, serves him right for being a jerk. I continue to watch Spongebob and then I hear his smooths steps going to the kitchen. 

"Hey what are you doing watching t.v. like that? Aren't you supposed to be at home where you belong?"

"Nope" I say popping the p.

"Your aunt let me stay the night here. She even brought me my things here."

"Your joking. She would never do that. She's never done that for anyone, ever!"

I felt special in that brief moment. "Well maybe she really appreciates me." I smirked.

Blake cocks his head with laughter, "Ha! as if. You have no ego whatsoever. You're just a maid so who cares? But while you're still here why don't you make yourself useful and go make me a sandwhich or something? I'm starved." He dismisses me with an annoying hand gesture.

I get up from the couch and turn the t.v. off. I walk to the kitchen while Blake occupies my spot on the couch to watch t.v. I get out all the necessary things to make a sandwhich: bread, tomato, mayonaise, lettuce, cheese, some avocado, and ham. I take all the things to the living room and throw them on his lap. He shows a clear sign of anger which just makes the corners of my mouth pull into a smirk. 

"What the hell is all this about?" he says throwing the remote on the floor.

"It's your sandwhich. If you want it, then go make it yourself. This is America, land of the free. I am not a maid and neither will I start becoming one just because you're accustomed to having someone doing all your crap for you. So take your things and go make your sandwhich, the kitchen is over there", I say pointing to the kitchen, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed. Goodnight 'Sir Blake''. I roll my eyes.

Blake grabs my arm to stop me from going any further. I feel tingles shoot up over my entire body. It was a weird feeling, like when you get butterflies in your stomache during a drop on a rollercoaster. I felt like he was going to hurt me, and he surprised me.

"You sure are a feisty one, maid. I like that. But unfortunately where I come from, a maid must do everything the head of the household says."

I pull out of his grasp and smirk, "Well Blake, we're not in Britain anymore."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------