Chapter 11

Here's the next chapter. hope you like it

awseome cover made by chillpenguin98 thanks a lot!

~Blake~

I kept quiet as I watched Coral pack her things. They weren't much. Just a large suitcase and a cardboard box. She put her suitcase in her car and went upstairs with the box. I couldn't get the sad look on her face off my mind. I couldn't believe her parents would just leave her like like that. Now at least we had something in common.

I sat down in the living room looking over her family photos. She was a very pretty girl those pictures and she still was. A smile made its way on my face and stopped half way when I realized why. I think i'm starting to like her. It's only been two weeks since i've known her and she's so easy to get along with.

Could it be possible to have feelings for someone in two short weeks?

My phone's ring interupted my thoughts. It was a text message from an unknown number.

Look inside the refrigerator on the right side where the dairy cheese box is. There is a letter for you. Please read  it. It's urgent. And don't worry the cheese box is empty.

I wonder who it could be. I walk over to the stairs to make sure that Coral is not coming downstairs. After a couple of minutes of silence, I assume she isn't. I walk to the kitchen and open the refrigerator and take the envelope out. Talk about creepy. I don't even know who sent it to me but I opened it anyway. 

The handwriting was from a man and it was pretty neat. It was written in cursive so i could tell the man had time to write it.  The letter was addressed to me and it read:

Blake,

As you already know Coral has been abandoned by us. We want you to understand that it was not an easy thing to do. We understand if she's mad at us and we can't blame her. What we are about to tell you must stay confidential and you must keep it a secret from her until we tell you it's ok to reveal eveything. Between the small couch is the letter that contains wveryhting you need to know. Again It MUST stay confidential and kept a secret from Coral. We will continue to communicate with you through letterssuch as this. We ask you to take great care of Coral. She means the world to us and we only want whats best for her. As parents we regret not being there when she needed us. Soon she will understand why when all is revealed.

Patrick & Emily 

Holy crap was all I could think of to say. Who are they really was my instant thought as I retrieved the letter. I hid the letter under Coral's car so I could read it later. Now I had to go upstairs and check if she's okay.

Of course she wasn't. She sat on the empty bed crying. Just watching her suffer pulled at my heart. My mind took control of my actions as I immediatley sat by her side and took her in my arms. Please don't reject me. I thought. But what if she did? I stood in my place frozen waiting for her to brush me off.

She didn't. She hugged me back and it shocked me. I knew she was going through an emotional phase and probably needed someone to be there for her. If that's all she wanted then that was fine. I would be anything she wanted me to be if it meant we were only friends. I would make sure she was safe just like Patrick and Emily asked me.

My eyes became itchy and I realized I was crying. Men shouldn't cry. It ruins the manhood reputation or whatever it's called. I couldn't help it though. Just seeing her cry reminded me of my parents who were never there for me.

I let go of her and kneeled in front of her, not caring if she saw me cry. Friends are supposed to trust each other right? I was at my vulnerability and she was as well, so I would let her see me cry.

"I'm so sorry for what they did Coral.   "I know you're probably thinking they're the worst parents in the world and they probably are right now, but soon you'll see that they have good reasoning and only want what's best for you. Don't give up hope now. Please." I don't know why i'm apoligizing when it's her parents who should be apoligizing, but I do it because I want her to trust me. Soon her parents will reveal everything, I hoped. For her sake.

~Coral~

After Ernie revealed that the worst gang in L.A. was after my parents, I couldn't stopped panicking. What could my parents have possibly done to be hunted down? I instantly thought drugs since that was the only possibile thing that could happen and it stuck to my mind like a crazy glue gun. 

"I don't know why they're looking for your parents. All I know is that they have something that their boss criminal wants and they won't stop until he has it"

Blake looked at Ernie and tensed up, "who is their boss?" his jaw clenched. This is serious. First I learned i'm being targeted and now my parents are too. I'm in a pretty deep pool here.

Ernie rubbed his neck and raised his eyebrows, his signature 'aw crap' look. He does this when he knows he goes to far, "I don't know man. I don't know the guys real name. I heard he goes by the name of falcon"

Falcon. It couldn't be. why would he go after my parents if its me he wants?

Now everything make sense. He was after them to get to me.

"Ernie please tell me thisisn't true? What does he want from them what if he kills them? Ernie tell them I have to know!" I couldn't help but scream. I panicked even worse now. The tought about my parents getting killed because of me was too much. It's no wonder they left though, they dind't want anything to do with me.

"Coral I've said too much already I have to go" I grabbed Ernie by the collar of his shirt, "don't you dare leave me tell me everything I have to know that my parents are going to be safe. Can;t you understand?" Ernie shook his head, " Coral look i told you and it was a big mistake. Just calm down an let me go i need to go." He yanked me off his shirt and I fell to the floor. I panicked and grabbed his ankle.

I refused to let him go. He knew something and I wouldn't let him leave until I had my answers. I screamed as he dragged me along with him. He yelled at Blake something about getting me off him and I felt Blake try and pull me off but I held on. Tears spilled from my eyes and then Ernie peeled my hands off his ankle, whispering through watery eyes, "I'm sorry Coral. I really wish I could help you" and he ran off.

Some best friend he is. I ran to the door and chased after him, screaming at him to come back. I stopped when I felt a pair of strong arms hold me in place. I saw patches of black spots appear before my eyes. I felt dizzy, nauseous, and weak as the darkness engulfed me.

I thought I was going to die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww I think i'm going to cry now )': 

It's a sad chapter I know. Now you know how Blake feels!

Please comment vote and maybe fan if you liked? (: