Chapter 12

~Coral~

I woke up in a hospital. The white walls were a dead giveaway. I blinked a few times and turned my head to find a sleeing Blake nest to me. He was sleeping in a chair and looked very uncomfortable. I didn't bother to wake him up. I had a massive headache followed by and involuntary sneeze which made it even worse. Blake nearly jumped out of his skin when he realized I was awake.

"God Coral are ok?"  I didn't know. Come to think of it, I didn't remember what happened.

"I'm fine. But I do want to know why i'm in a hospital" Blake sighed. Uh Oh, this could not be good. I mean it's obvious that I wan't feeling good before I got to the hospital. I remembered the conversation that Ernie and I had back at my house. 

I looked at him and with not a clue as to my reason for the hospital visit "Coral you were talking with Ernie back at your house-"

"I know that" I interupted"just skip to the part where I got to the hospital" I saw a hint of sorrow in his eyes as he said "Ok, but please don't interupt me until after I finish ok? I want you to stay calm" I nooded my head and gripped the bed sheets that were covering me. He sat down and ran his fingers through his hair.

"When Ernie told you about your parents being targets of some gang in your neighborhood who wrk for Falcon, you freaked out and so did Ernie. Then he ran out and you ran after him in a frenzy and you just...passed out." Oh, I thought, so that's why I saw Black spots. I stared ahead at the window next to me, viewing the people outside as they casually walked out onto the streets of L.A. 

"You scared the shit out of me Coral, I thought you died. You just collapsed like a pile of bricks and you weren't breathing." There goes that sadness in his eyes. His eyes twinkled with it and there was also that look of worry on his face. I felt guilty for making him worry.

"I'm sorry Blake. I feel guilty for making you worry" I gripped the bed sheets tighter. This is all my fault, for being weak and pathetic and not taking the situation calmer. I shouldn't be worried about my parent's affairs, after all they didn't deserve it. But they were still my parents and I couldn't help the inner child in me and worried too much, it was as if I had lost them at the mall, only this time, they left me there and didn't come back.

"Don't worry about it" he said. His voice sounded so smooth, his accent so beautiful "No don't forgive me I was so stupid and-" Blake firmly caught my hand "No Coral!" he growled "Don't you ever blame yourself for this do you hear me? If something ever happened to you I wouldn't forgive myself." 

My heart accelerated its speed. I don't know why, but somehow I felt nervous because he was holding my hand, He was worried? 

He stared at me intensly, a look of want in his eyes and I became dangerously nervous as he inched his face closer to mine. I'm no fool, I knew he was going to kiss me and I wasn't sure if I wanted him too, we met just to weeks ago and with all this craziness going on, I wasn't sure how I felt about him. My vision grew blurier now that his lips were only millimeters away from their intended destination and I could do nothing except stare back, in my now numbed position.

To continue or not to continue, that was the question ringing through my inflated mind frame. I've never felt so nervous when around a guys before, not like this. 

I continued in tranced state as his lips softly grazed over mine and I could smell his musky colonge. My breathing got shallower and my heart beat faster. I was frozen by now and prayed that somehow this wouldn't make things awkward or us later. Then by some miracle there was a knock at the door. 

Blake groaned and moved away and I silently thanked the doctor as he came in. Blake excused himself and rushed outside. I was still in a daze even as the doctor explained that I passed out due to fear and stress. Something about a panic attack. I didn't pay much attention except the part where he told me I had to take it easy for the next few weeks. I thought about finishing school. I only had a month left and It would take my mind off everyhting for awhile. 

~Blake~

Panic surged through me when she collapsed. I immediately called the ambulance and they seemed to take ages to arrive. i didn't know what to do as I held her in my arms trying to get her to wake up. When the paramedics arrived, they strapped her onto a gurney and took rushed her to the hospital. No one would tell me her condition and I was growing impatient every minute that passed by. Then, finally, I was allowed to see her. She went through a serious amount of stress and had a panic attack. 

Watching her sleep was almost painful. Knowing that she might possibly wake up traumiatized was hard to proccess. Seh might want to know what happened and I had to be careful when I explain to her, but what do I say? I cant' just thell her "Oh yeah you passed out" It wasn't as simple as that. 

Coral had a grip on my heart now. There was just something about her that made me feel so attracted to her. I wanted to get to know her better, maybe even get past the friend stage. So I couldn't lose her now.

She took the news calmly. it made me angry that she blamed herself. It wan't her fault that all this happened. I wasn't protecting her the way I should. I knew that had to change.

I didn't know whaat I was thinking when I was about to kiss her. I just did it, well almost did until the doctor came in and ruined the moment. I couldn't take it anymore. I had fallen for her in two short weeks and I was turning into a hopless bastard. I needed to do my job right and protect her. All thoughts of Coral made me more agitated as I left the hospital.I needed to do my job and protect her, this isn't a romantic game.  

But I just couldn't help myself.

************************************************************************************************************

I know it took me forever to upload!! I'm having a bit of writers block but never fear! I will hopefully get over it soon. I felt like I needed to upload though since I obviously didn't upload last week.

Short chapter I know but hey it's an upload right??

Comment, vote, and fan please! I promise I don't bite :p

Also, I will upload my other story, Victoria's secret tomorrow so tell all your wattpad fans, friends and what not

Have an excellent Friday ^_^