Prologue

"When the sun has set, no candle can replace it." - George R.R. Martin

"What's the plan for today?" Harry asked as Louis threw the burnt cigarette out of the window of his Chevrolet Nova SS as he looked at his lover and smiled. "I'm going for a ride with the others this evening. They're checking out a new club around the street, I offered them a ride." Louis replied as he caressed Harry's thigh. They had stopped near an unused highway, one of Louis' favorite places to smoke and think.

"I wish I could come," Harry said slowly as Louis didn't say anything for a minute. "It's okay, you have to go. You can't say no to your mother, can you?" Louis said as Harry shook his head with a small smile on his face. He was going to visit his Aunt Marie with his family. His family hated Louis purely, they had warned him that he was no good, that he would probably spoil his life. He didn't listen. He loved Louis and Louis loved him too. There was nothing stopping them.

"Come here," Louis said as Harry got up from his seat and somehow managed to get on Louis' lap uncomfortably as Louis moved a little. Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's waist and looked up at him. "You're so pretty. Did you know that?" Louis asked with a grin, his blue eyes shining in the afternoon light as Harry held his lover's face and pulled him closer for a kiss.

Louis Tomlinson was a 24-year-old man. He co-owned a tattoo parlour with his cousin brother. He looks like one of those people who would kill if you offer them a thousand pounds, but he wasn't like that. He had a heart of gold, so pure, so beautiful. But nobody notices it. Everybody judges on looks, nobody knows the soul inside. Harry knew him, from the night they met at a local pub and they had a long conversation about tattoos and life.

Louis didn't have a family, or so he says. He says he has an elder sister who is married with two kids, living far off in Australia. She distanced herself from her only brother. He says his parents just left when his sister, Amelia turned 18. He was about 15 at that time. He had managed to take care of himself, he says he doesn't have a heart; but Harry knows the truth. "When will you be back?" Harry asked as they pulled apart from the kiss.

"I don't know. I'll come by your window." He said as the 19-year-old Harry smiled. That's what Louis would always do. When they met, 9 months ago, Louis followed him home and somehow climbed up to his window with the help of the tree that his mother had made him plant on his 11th birthday, now a big oak tree. "I'll miss you." Harry mumbled as he kissed the man again.

Life with Louis was so amazing. Louis would pick him up from college every day, he would make sure to leave him at an appropriate distance from home because he wouldn't want Harry's mother to catch him dropping her son. He would watch him till he would reach the door. Life with Louis was an adventure for Harry. Louis was older, five years older than him, he lived in a different world. Harry would go on group bonfires with him, he had amazing friends too.

Louis gave him his first tattoo. It was a rose, a beautiful thick rose. It was around his arm, his upper arm. How Louis kept telling him the pain won't last when he kept on yelping like a lost puppy whenever the sharp needle would move on his skin. "It's okay, I felt the same." Louis would tell him with a smile as he would hold him tight.

Later that afternoon, Louis dropped Harry home again, making sure that he reaches his door safely he stayed till he closed the front door behind him. Harry's mother was stood there as if she knew he would be coming this moment. "Mother," He started as she shook her head. "You were out with him. Weren't you? The tattoo boy?" She asked as Harry frowned.

"No." Harry said as she walked forward and slapped him hard. His mother never really did hurt him until it was extreme. "Harry, why don't you understand? He's no good! He's such a bad company my dear. If this keeps going on, I'm afraid I'll have to take a big step." She said as Harry didn't say anything.