Chapter Twenty Two

Harry always liked books. When he was about 13, he wanted to be an English Professor at a University. He always thought that English Teachers were the best and had the most amazing stories to share; which was indeed true. His high school English Teacher, his name was Sir McKinley and he was a jolly good guy who would give away his soul to meet any of the Bronte sisters.

His parents wouldn't bother much with his liking for pages filled with fiction, his mother didn't like it. He liked to read his own books, but he didn't have the money. He never had the money. His parents would never give him a single pound unless it was about refilling his bike. Much less for a book. All he remembers is having a couple of Wodehouse books which his aunt adored and gave it to him since he liked books and pretty much had none.

He remembers telling Louis about his liking for books some days before his birthday. He felt like an idiot, sharing something like that with the guy he had started dating two months ago. But Louis never laughed at those matters even if Harry would try to stop grinning while explaining it. "I'm a nerd, I know. I just love books. I wish I could major in English or something. " Harry had told him behind Lindsay Parker's pink car which was always abandoned in the alley ways and was highly noticeable.

Harry was almost banging his head on his notepad. He couldn't stop thinking, he couldn't write at all. He had came back from Zayn's house yesterday morning with a big frown plastered on his face. He had never expected to know such disturbing facts about Crystal, whom Zayn loved. Or did love. He wasn't sure how Zayn was going to handle the relationship with her now, he tries to tell himself that he does not care how everything turns out with them; but deep down he's trying to know it too.

He had two more weeks off  before working at the studio. He had learned that after two months Zayn would leave LA and shift back to UK for the promotion of his upcoming albums and after that, his schedule is heavily packed. "Being a popular singer with lots of good media is hard. Because the bad media is dying to know some dirty facts." Jim tells him when Zayn's not there. "Zayn doesn't play rage games even though he likes a good challenge. You know why? It affects his performance later on. That's what I've observed twice." Tony, one of the guys who was in Zayn's crew tells him when Zayn isn't looking.

Sophie Barnes later on texts him with the news that he's supposed to meet her at the parking lot of his building. When he asks her why, she doesn't really say anything. "It's going to be amazing!" Sophie exclaims as soon as Harry opens the door to her expensive Rover. It was stark white. "What is?" Harry asks suspicious. She smiles almost evilly, making him more curious.

"Zayn has signed three people so far. It's like a meet up for the three of you." She said while taking a turn. Harry doesn't like the idea. "Why a meet up? Is that even necessary?" Harry asks. Sophie sighs at his lack of enthusiasm.

"No, it's not. But it's good for you and for everybody. Socializing has its pros and cons. You're supposed to focus on the pros in this industry." She said while stopping at a restaurant. "Do you know about the other two?" Harry asks because he was a hell lot nervous about meeting them.

"Let me think." Sophie said while searching for a parking. "One of them is called as Evelyn. Other one, I have no idea really." She finally finds a spot. As they get out of the car, Harry has this feeling again. Something weird was going to happen.

"It's nothing to worry about, Harry." Sophie tells him when she scans the worry plastered on his face. They were walking to the upper floor of the restaurant that Harry even forgot to catch the name of, where the reservation tables were held. "So it's going to be just the two of them?" Harry asked, trying to be a little more confident about himself.

"No." Sophie said. "Their manager, Joshua will be there too. He's managing both of them." Harry nodded as a response. They opened the door to the reserved tables, a long room where only two tables were occupied. Harry walked behind Sophie to a table where two girls and a guy were already seated.