Chapter Sixteen

"Essence of any creature encompasses more than one realm.
Here now this body, is a vehicle of my essence in this universe." - Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut.

"This is stupid." Zayn mumbled as they were stood behind a tree, watching over Louis' grave like complete idiots. "No, it's not." Harry said. "I want to know who comes here."

Zayn simply hummed as he looked over at Harry. He looked really determined to find out. His green eyes shining bright in the sunlight and his curls wild as ever. Zayn brought his hand up and simply touched his hair as he jumped a little. He looked back at Zayn, confused as Zayn grabbed his hand and pulled him closer, pressing their lips together.

Harry pulled away, completely startled as he looked at Zayn for a minute before turning his head back. "Someone is there," Harry whispered as Zayn looked over Harry's shoulder. There was a lady glancing over the stone with a worried look on her face. She bent down and picked a flower, a rose which was already there. She examined it before putting it back down. She touched the stone and closed her eyes as she started muttering something under her breath.

"What is she doing? Is she doing something with the symbol?" Harry asked as Zayn shrugged. No matter what she was doing, it all seemed stupid to Zayn. Harry suddenly started walking towards her as Zayn groaned and jogged to catch up him. "What the hell are you planning?" Zayn asked as he grabbed Harry's arm, but Harry simply squirmed out of his grip and was now stood in front of the lady who opened her eyes and looked at them.

"Who are you?" Harry asked. "What are you doing here?"

She got up and looked at him questioningly before looking over at Zayn. "Hey, aren't you that famous singer?" She asked as Zayn grinned at her and winked. She smiled as she looked back at Harry. "It's a public place. I can come here."

"Yes, but what were you doing near Louis' grave?" He asked as she chuckled. "Why do you ask? Did you know him?" She asked with a smile as Harry couldn't help passing her glares.

"Yes, I did know him." Harry said. "I loved him."

Her smile faded away. "You're Harry?" She asked as Harry gave her a nod. It looked as if she was fumbling with words as she led out her hand. "I'm Amelia Salvatore, used to be Tomlinson. Louis was my brother."

Harry was simply staring at her for a minute before taking her hand as she gave a small squeeze before taking it back. "I know you. I mean, he did mention you. Not to be rude, what are you doing here? You were in Australia, you pushed him away." Harry said while narrowing his eyes as Amelia nodded. "I know," she said. "I did love him. He was my brother after all. It's just, you won't understand."

"Tell me, please." Harry was pleading as she sighed. "Fine." She said. "You may think I'm crazy though."

"Don't worry, Harry is pretty crazy too." Zayn said as she gave him a small smile. She looked back at Harry, "He asked for help." She said. "Louis."

"What?" Harry asked. "How? When?"

"I know it's crazy!" She said. "But I started receiving calls from an unknown number which does not exist and it was his voice. He told me he wants to stop hurting, but he can't, he's being controlled or something."

"I," Harry started. "I've been getting calls and messages from him too. He's terrifying, did you say being controlled? I knew Louis wouldn't do it,"

"Really?" She asked. "He did mention hurting. Are you okay?" She asked as he nodded.

"Great. I need you to come with me, we will help you." She said as Harry was about to say something when Zayn broke in. "We?" He asked as she nodded.

"I told my husband about it, he kind of... He knows about these things." She said as Zayn nodded. "Why are you helping?" Harry asked as she chuckled.

"Somebody is messing with my brother, so I think after everything he has went through, he deserves to at least rest in peace." She said as the boys nodded in agreement.

"Fine then, as long as Louis agrees to stop, we'll go with you." Zayn said as Amelia nodded with a smile. "Then come on, I got a car. Let's start." She said as they walked out of the cemetery.

"Why should we trust her? She left Louis and she-" Harry started complaining as Zayn shushed him. "If you want the calls to stop and catch whoever's messing with Louis, then shut up. We need help and not a lot of people believe in these things, including me."

"Or do you?" Harry asked with a smile as Zayn groaned.

*

Amelia is married to Ronald Salvatore who is a sales executive. She tells the boys that she has seen things, horrible things that she didn't think existed and Zayn feels completely freaked out by that. She has two kids, both aged 5 and 6 living with Ronald's sister in Sydney.

When asked what she was doing here, she explained everything that had started a week ago. She started getting weird calls which would make simply weird noises and then she could hear Louis speak. It was almost as if he was scared himself, she decided to come back here to help him out.

"I know the symbol. Somebody definitely knows what they're doing, they probably don't like you." Ronald told Harry who sighed. He had no idea who would do this, who would envy him so much? He barely knew anyone here. "Louis isn't in control of his actions, but he speaks true thoughts. His spirit isn't really free, this could be a work of a witch."

"Oh God, I never signed up for this." Zayn mumbled while sipping on the amazing tea Amelia had offered them. Ronald chuckled as he grabbed some papers from the coffee table of the flat they were living in. "Don't worry. But we still don't know who is doing this, definitely human." He assured as Amelia sat down on a chair and looked over at them.

"Do you think he would reply if we use the board?" Amelia asked as Ronald shrugged. "I'm not sure. He isn't free, but he did ask you for help. I guess the human can't completely control him." He replied.

"Are they talking about Ouija board?" Zayn whispered to Harry who simply smirked at him. Amelia caught his eye and chuckled as she shook her head. "Don't look at us like that! Maybe we should try, Ronald. Just get a name or address from him. Then we can just bash it up."

"Worth a try. When do you usually get calls? Or when does the spirit move stuff?" Ronald asked as Harry tried recollecting the events. "Usually after 11." Harry replied as Ronald nodded.

"How about you boys stay here for today?" He asked as Harry looked at Zayn who was just looking at him. "We're just helping you and Louis. This is very important for both of you." Amelia said as Zayn nodded.

"As I said," Zayn started. "As long as Louis stops with these creepy things, we're ready to cooperate."