Chapter Twenty

"You're a really nice person, Kurt." Harry said with a smile. "I had a good time. Thank you." With that he walked back up to the building without looking back. He shouldn't have done it, this was the worst idea that had ever popped in his brain. He almost broke his key while trying to open his door, trying to keep calm as he closed the door behind him.

He just went out with a man who's already married, but not really married... Kind of married. Kurt was just legally married, personally broken by his wife. He couldn't believe that Crystal was married already. Maybe not really, but according to law she was. Harry wasn't sure it counted as cheating. He wanted to ask Zayn if he knew about it, but a part of him screamed to stop thinking about it.

"No." Harry told himself. He just went out with Kurt so that the unhappily married guy could be a little happy. "I can't believe this." Harry said again as he walked over to the kitchen and got himself a glass of water.

"Why did you guys break up?" Harry asked.

"She didn't want a family. She hates kids, it's going to spoil her body. I really don't get it, I made such a huge mistake by marrying at 18." Kurt said following a frown.

Did Zayn even know that? Harry thought as he gulped down the water and stood still in the kitchen.

"When she got pregnant accidentally, she aborted the baby without telling me. The moment she had come clean to me about it, I filed the divorce."

Kurt's voice was ringing in his ear. Crystal's image had changed so drastically in Harry's mind by now. She looked like a woman who would have a house with hundreds of kids if possible. As far as Harry knows Zayn, he does think about family.

"She aborted two times. When Kurt thought she couldn't get pregnant due to reasons and suggested to take meds, she came clean." A voice interrupted his thoughts as he looked up to see a woman leaning near the doorframe of the kitchen. "Who are you?" Harry asked while heading for the knife on the kitchen counter.

"Woah there, Harry." She said with a hint of amusement in her voice. "I mean no harm. Please hear me out, I'm here to talk. About Zayn, I've already talked to him and I'm supposed to reach his house in three hours."

Harry lowered his knife a little. "You don't have a weapon?" He asked as she shook her head, patting the empty pockets of her jeans. Harry placed the knife back on the counter and looked at her. "Who are you?"

"I'm Candace. I'm a ghost whisperer." She said as Harry didn't say anything. "I'm here because one of my friend's spirit is restless and needs to talk in presence of Zayn. I'm talking about Julia."

"Okay." Harry replied. "But what are you doing in my apartment?"

"Company." Candace replied with a smile. "Baby Zayn needs a little company because he doesn't really trust me. I know he's too much of an idiot to call you directly, so I'm here to escort you myself."