Chapter Twenty Three

A/N: #2 it is.

"Rather than glaring," Niall starts off with an impressed look on his face. "You can always talk." He finishes with a smile. Harry knows that the man is right, and he has no right to glare at Zayn but he can't help it. He does feel bad, he feels terrible after everything Zayn had went through but that's a different story. He was in the studio again, Niall had invited him later for lunch.

Harry wants to talk, he wants to ask him how he's doing but he just feels like he can't. Zayn looks tired, it's all on his face. He wasn't sleeping enough, his face was blank when Jim was explaining him about the chorus of one of his tracks. He's always in a bright mood when it comes to Jim, but today he wasn't up for a good laugh. He barely even noticed Harry in the room, he couldn't even get his voice straight.

"Zayn's family is home, you know?" Niall said when they're in Niall's car, driving to the Grammy Museum because Niall wants to. "He's got three sisters, they're all amazing. His youngest sister is my favorite, she likes my face a lot." Harry laughs at that. He did know that Zayn had three sisters, one older and two younger. He wondered if they liked Crystal.

"A question." Harry finally speaks when they're half way through. Niall nods, telling him to continue. "Why are we even going to a museum? And that also a Grammy Museum?" He asks. It was pretty sudden, actually. He was talking to Niall about the weather and in the next minute they're discussing about the museum.

"Because," Niall starts, trying to get his words while he makes a turn. "I want to. It's open and... you need to learn about music, I guess." He finished with an innocent smile. Harry sighed while leaning his head onto the window of Niall's car. He still wanted to call Zayn, maybe ask him if he's doing okay. After all, they're friends and Harry wouldn't even be talking to Niall if it wasn't for Zayn.

He has a debate with himself in his mind. After a few minutes he decides to text Zayn, and so he does.

Harry: Hey. I hope you're doing okay, take care of yourself.

Being surprised would be an understatement when Harry realized Zayn had replied within two minutes.

Zayn: Thank you.

He decided to stop thinking about the look Zayn would have on his face while typing the message. Zayn probably hates him.

*

Niall can make any boring trip interesting. He talks a lot and never keeps his mouth shut. That's what Harry had learned in the past two hours in the musuem while staring at Michael Jackson's Fedora. When they're on the third floor, Niall is like his personal guide, telling him all about Legends Of Motown as they pass by. Later on he treats him lunch at a good restaurant and keeps him entertained with jokes, actually funny jokes.

"You know I'd like to have you but you're reserved." Harry said when they're back in his car, Niall offers to drive him home. "Yes, I know that. I can see that on your face." Niall replies with a foolish grin on his face that has Harry laughing. When they reach his building, Harry thanks him for the lunch and some information he shared in the museum.

"That's Zayn." Niall says when Harry closes the door to his car. "What?" Harry asks surprised, but when Niall points at a direction, he follows his finger and finds the singer. Zayn is stood in front of his building, staring at the complex with an unknown look on his face. He was leaning back on his bike which was parked carefully, giving the building a last look before walking in.

"Now run in and make him happy. I'm tired of seeing his dead face, please." Niall said with a smile, giving Harry a final look before riding off. Harry walked into his building, by the time he reached his door he noticed the man stood there silently. It was almost creepy as he was staring at the door, then finally ringing the doorbell. "I'm here." Harry said.

Zayn turned around so fast that Harry swore he could have broke his neck if he was a tad faster. "Sorry." Harry said with a small smile. He walked towards him and noticed Zayn wasn't grinning or smirking at him like he usually would. He actually seemed done with everything. "I can't do anything, Harry." Zayn finally says when Harry is close enough. He grabs Harry's hand and pushes his body onto the door of Harry's flat.

"I hate everything." Zayn whispered onto his face, his breath hitting Harry as he had him pinned against the door. Zayn's gaze shifted from Harry's bright green eyes to his lips, as he captured it into a kiss. Harry wasn't expecting anything like this to happen today, considering how dead Zayn seemed but he wasn't right after all. Harry's hands held Zayn's face in place as Zayn pressed his body close to Harry's.

"Inside." Harry whispered when they broke off from the kiss. Zayn nodded and waited as Harry fumbled with his keys and quickly got inside while slamming the door shut, and Zayn was onto him again. They managed to get their footwear off somewhere and ended up on the bed with Harry on top of Zayn. Harry missed this, being here with Zayn, he missed this feeling for being wanted. Zayn was kissing him so carefully, his hands held him so tightly that Harry forgot everything that had happened with them for the moment.

Harry's lips are on Zayn's left collarbone when he notices the foreign writing on his skin. "What does this tattoo mean?" Harry asks but later thinks it's a bad idea considering to the direction they're heading towards and talking about tattoos wasn't a good idea. "It means 'Be True to Who You Are', it's in Arabic." Zayn replies calmly, it didn't seem like he minded.

This time Harry notices all the tiny details on his body. The lips on his chest between two black wings, and a couple of other tattoos which covered his chest and abdomen as Harry reached his lips again to kiss him for a long time before pulling out. "Can I?" Harry asks. Zayn just smiles in response which Harry takes as a yes.

Harry's on his third finger now when he actually looks at Zayn. His eyes are closed, his lower lip is captured between his lips and he's trying to control his moans while Harry thrusts his fingers in and out in a slow rhythm which is almost painful. "You okay?" Harry asks when he takes off his fingers, receiving a small groan from Zayn. When he rolls on the condom, he's looking at Zayn again. Harry kisses him for a good three minutes before pushing himself into him slowly, making sure not to hurt him.

Harry's soon thrusting in and out, catching up a pace while delivering sweet kisses down Zayn's face. "Harry, listen." Zayn finally speaks when Harry can feel his pace coming up. He was so close right now. "Yes?" Harry asks.

"I like you." Zayn said. Harry almost stopped his actions, but he just slowed down. "I'm so close, Harry." Zayn says when Harry picks up his pace, staring down at Zayn who's eyes were still closed.

"I can't hide it from you anymore, I like you so, so much. Everybody can see it, why can't you?" Zayn asks when Harry's on his edge and he's sure Zayn is pretty close too. "Why are you distancing yourself from me after everything that has happened?"

"Zayn, I..." Harry started but he lost his words when he came hard. Zayn came a second later, all over his stomach as Harry paused to catch his breath. Zayn's eyes were closed and he was breathing heavily when Harry pulled out of him carefully. By the time Harry finished putting on his jeans, Zayn was asleep.

Harry cleaned him up carefully before leaning down to press a kiss on his forehead. "Stop making me feel things." He whispered before lying down next to him and drifting off to slumber.