Chapter Nineteen

"Let no one who loves be called altogether unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow." — J.M. Barrie, The Little Minister.

"He's not, okay? Now please drink your coffee and get out of my hair." Crystal told Kurt, her husband who chuckled at her. "Very funny, it is. We are probably the best couple in the whole city. What do you think?" He asks with a smile as Crystal glares at him.

"It would have been very interesting, you know. Your boyfriend proposing you. Then you would be married plus engaged. How can someone possibly do that? Crystal can." He continued while blowing his coffee lightly to cool it down. "This isn't working, Kurt. Why don't you pay a little extra and get the work done quickly?" She interrupted as he looked at her and laughed as he put the cup on the table and looked at her.

"I'm the only one with the money here, right? I wonder where your model money flies. Zayn gets you the gold and you already have my platinum. What about your own silver? Try saving, will do good." He retorts as she doesn't say anything. He finishes his coffee as he gets up from the table and starts walking upstairs to his room.

"You've known him for just months, Chris. Either you're stupid or he's insane." Kurt said as he paused on one of the stair and glanced at her as she was looking at him. "I don't care, Kurt. I just want you to leave me alone, I even got you the boy you have your eyes on. Now get out of my sight." She mumbled the last sentence as Kurt sighed and continued upstairs.

"All you did was give me his number. Bitch." He mumbled as he closed the door and sat down on his bed. He looked up at the picture of him and Crystal on the nightstand, young and happy married couple. They had some insane decisions in the past, got married when they turned 18 and regretted it after they turned 22. Tried pushing it as far as possible, ended their relationship personally, but they were still legally married.

Kurt grabbed his phone as he rang the number Crystal had gave him. He hoped that the guy wouldn't freak out or block him.

"Hello?" The voice said from the other side as Kurt took a deep breath. "Hello, hey. I'm Kurt, uh, Harry right?"

"Yes. Kurt? Crystal's friend Kurt?" Harry asked as Kurt chuckled. Friend, he thought. "Yes, Crystal's friend Kurt."

"Okay then, hello. What can I do for you?" Harry asked as Kurt glanced at the keys lying on top of his nightstand beside a photo frame. "How about you let me take you for a ride? I mean, I want to know you. You're interesting."
There was no response for a minute before he could hear Harry humming. "Okay." Harry said. "We can go for a ride, you better write down my address."

Kurt took it as a win.

*

"Where's Harry?" Zayn asked as he walked into Studio A. Sophie looked up from the file she was reading and glanced at Herman who was writing down something on his book. "Oh, Harry?" Herman asked as Zayn nodded. "Went out some minutes ago. Some car was waiting for him."

"What? He just left?" Zayn asked completely surprised as Herman nodded. "It's okay, he did enough work for today and he seemed a little off mood too. It would be good to go out for a while, that kid deserves it."

Zayn walked out of the studio as he bumped into Jim on the corridor. "Man, you for real?" Jim asks as Zayn chuckles walks away. "Hey, wait!" Jim calls for him as he stops and turns around.

"Some girl was looking for you. I think she's talking to Niall right now, and Niall is definitely flirting with her." Jim said as Zayn gave him a nod before heading towards Studio C, his own studio. At least for the time being. He saw Niall on the lounge talking to a girl with short black hair and a surprised face.