Chapter Three

"There's a power that comes with silence. I had grown to fear the unsaid thing. So it felt like a release to say it-to admit that the risk wasn't just inside our walls-it was inside my skin. I was willing to claw, scratch, and bleed until I'd found it." - Ally Carter, Out of Sight, Out of Time.

Harry isn't a morning person. Ever since he finished his first year at college, he used to wake up no earlier than 10 am. His mother had stopped caring by then, his father would usually be out there spending his second year's fees out gambling. Now that he can hear somebody screaming downstairs, he has to wake up. First, he starts panicking. He is alone in Zayn's room and there's a male voice which isn't Zayn's yelling like a maniac. His first instance is to run outside with one of Zayn's paintings and smack the intruder. His second instance is to simply sit there and wait till the screams stop.

He decides to go with the third strategy. He gets up, walks out of the door making sure he wouldn't make noise and walks downstairs, making sure to run for his life if he sees a man dressed in black running around with a knife. But that's not the scene downstairs. There's a blonde, male, yelling at Zayn with all his might.

"You can't just roam around in the night like that! What if somebody killed you in the dark?" He asked, his voice becoming softer as Zayn groaned. "Come on, who would kill me? 'Yeah, I'm bored. Oh look, there goes Zayn Malik the singer, let's just kill him.' That totally makes sense." The black haired male mutters as he rolls his eyes. Zayn's eyes land on Harry who was stood on the stairway, looking at them.

"Hey, good morning." Zayn said as the blonde looked up at Harry. "Who's this? Oh Zayn, what did you do to the poor bloke?" The blonde asked as Zayn chuckled.

"Tell him what I did to you." Zayn said. Harry blushed like a teenaged guy who was asking his crush out. Great. He thinks as there is a roar of laughter. The blonde was laughing like a maniac as Zayn was laughing along. "Uh, I'm Harry." He finally said as the blonde stopped, caught his breath and nodded.

"That's great, Harry. I'm Niall. Nice to meet you." He says as Harry shrugs. "Yeah, same."

"Feisty." Harry heard him say as he could feel Zayn smirking at him. Niall was attractive. He had blue eyes, blonde hair and a great smile. One of those perfect boyfriend looks. "So, Harry," Niall started as he eyed the lad.

"How about you go on a date with me?" He asks as Harry's brain starts panicking. He looked at Zayn who was still smiling at Niall like an idiot. "What?" Harry asks completely confused.

"A date, you're into guys, right? I don't want to make a fool out of myself here." Niall says with a laugh as Harry snorts. "Why would you want to go on a date with me? I don't even know you,"

"Exactly," Niall says. "We're going on a date to know each other."

Harry shrugs it off as he walks towards the sofa where Niall was seated and sits down at an appropriate distance from him. "That's nice," Harry said. "But I don't date."

"We'll see about that. What are you doing in Zayn's house though? Who exactly are you?" Niall asks in his emotionless face.

"I was just going home, he practically dragged me here." Harry said. Niall just smirked at Zayn who had been listening to their conversation quietly. "I'm a wannabe artist. I perform at the pub nearby,"

"You're an artist? That's great," Niall quickly starts in a happier tone. "Zayn must have written your name in his waiting list then,"

"No." Zayn speaks up. "I'm going to sign him up today."

"Wow. You must be really good." Niall said as he smiled at Zayn who simply winked at him. "Anyways. I have to go; I have a meeting."

"Well I guess that was good talk." Harry said.

"And since you don't 'date' or whatever, how about you just come to my flat?" Niall asks as Harry simply stares at him. He didn't think Niall would just say it like that. Zayn simply laughs at that as he escorts Niall outside.

As Zayn walks in Harry was still sat on the sofa. "Niall is like that." Zayn starts as Harry looks at him. "Anyways, come on. I need to take you home."

"Yeah right." Harry mutters. Zayn did mention about signing him up today.

*

"I hope that our picture is in the front page of every celebrity magazine," Harry said as he was sat behind Zayn on his motorbike as the star was leading him home. "Something titled like 'Zayn and his exotic male lover'. Won't that be nice?"

"I'll buy it then." Zayn says as Harry rolls his eyes, knowing that Zayn can't see that but still. He knew people were looking at them as they were driving at an average speed down the road. Harry did it again. He wrapped his arms around Zayn's waist and laid his head on his back as he sighed.

Zayn didn't say anything so he didn't move.

**

"It smells like fruits." Was the first thing Zayn had told him when they walked into his, not exactly his, flat. Harry doesn't say anything because there's no need to tell him that it doesn't. Maybe it did smell like fruits because he had a lot of fruits in there.

Zayn was sat there on the couch, typing down on his phone as Harry was back in half an hour, looking completely different with well combed hair and fresh clothes. Zayn gets up as he walks towards Harry who was heading towards the door.

Zayn grabs his hand and slams him to the door as Harry groans. "That hurt you bastard." Harry muttered as he stared at Zayn's brown eyes which were almost shining in the daylight coming through his windows. "How often do you do this, Harry?" Zayn asks with a smirk as he pressed his body onto Harry who groaned at the friction created by their clothed crotches.

"I don't. But I'm sure you do." Harry mutters as Zayn kisses him hard for a second before pulling away. "Come on, don't want to be late." Zayn said as he lets go of Harry who stood there frozen for some seconds before nodding.

"What game you playing?" Harry asks as they were back on his bike. Zayn chuckles as he starts driving.

When Harry does it again, putting his arms around Zayn's waist and leaning onto his back, Zayn answers. "I'm just playing your favourite game."

Harry hates him.