Chapter Seventeen

"The line between good and evil is permeable and almost anyone can be induced to cross it when pressured by situational forces." - Philip G. Zimbardo.

Harry looked over at Zayn who was talking to Crystal on his phone. They were sat on the dining table of Amelia's house as she was setting up some things on the table while Ronald was reading an old book. "It's a week. I'll be there soon so I think I might get a chance to see you on the runaway. I don't know, the dates are clashing but I promise to be there if I get a chance. Sorry babe, goodbye." He said as Harry expected him to end the call, but he was still on as if he was waiting to hear something from the other end.

"Love you." He said before ending the call. He looked directly at Harry who averted his eyes and looked at Ronald. "So, how do you know about this stuff?" Harry asked as Ronald looked up from his book and offered him a small smile.

"Knew since I turned fourteen. Bad things happen all round the world, we're just lucky enough to know about them. I just study and stuff, I've seen lots of things that probably shouldn't exist. I just help people if they need me, and I protect my family from all kinds of things." Ronald said as Harry nodded. Amelia sat down on one of the chairs as she lit up the candles. "It's past eleven. Hold hands for some minutes as Ronald tries to reach out to Louis." Amelia said as Harry nodded.

Harry took Ronald's hand from one side and Zayn's hand from the other as he closed his eyes. He was ready for tonight.

*

"Harry, I think you should hold closely from the other side." Amelia said as Harry frowned but nodded nonetheless as he placed his hand on the planchette. He took a deep breath, he could already feel something weird in here. All four of them had one of their fingers placed on the board as Amelia took a deep breath. "Is anybody in here?" She asked as there was a silence for about three minutes.

Zayn had given up. He was ready to move his hand away and tell everybody that everything was complete nonsense when the planchette started moving. He sucked in a breath as it went over to 'Yes'.

"Louis? Is this you?" Amelia asked as the planchette moved. It went over to 'no'.

"Who is this?" Amelia questioned further. It started moving to the letters. It stopped on each specific letter before completely stopping. "Oh no," Zayn whispered as Harry looked at him for a split second.

"What are you doing here, Julia?" Amelia questioned as it started moving again.

'Henderson 45.'

"What is this Henderson 45?" Amelia asked as there was no response for a good five minutes before it started moving again.

'Louis.'

"It's an address." Ronald said as Harry nodded. "Why are you helping, Julia?" Amelia questioned further. The planchette started moving faster at that.

'Zayn.'

"Julia, is this really you?" Zayn asked in a small voice as it moved again. 'Yes.'

"Are you vengeful?" Amelia asked. The planchette moved over to 'no'.

"Okay. Let's say our goodbye. We can go over there tomorrow." Amelia said as they nodded and moved their planchette towards goodbye, when it started moving away towards no.

"What is the problem?" Amelia asked, a hint of worry in her voice as it started moving towards the letters.

'Hurt' it said first. 'Louis' it said later. 'Kill' it said last before rushing itself on goodbye.

"What does this mean?" Amelia asked as everybody took their hands back. "If we don't go now, something might happen. This spirit was good enough to tell us, who was this Julia, Zayn?" Ronald asked as Harry looked over at him.