Flashbacks

________________*FLASHBACK CONTINUED*________________

 I sat on the bed as Nafuko put on his cool weapon bag, slipped on his gray ninja sandals and grabbed the list my mum gave him and slipping it in his pocket. I smiled at him and he smiled back before pulling his dark green mask back up and holding my hand, walking down the steps with me.

We exited the house and I held the key the pocket of my black teeshirt, my long hair streamed down my back in a straight black like. My bangs fell in my face, but I pushed it to the side, unvieling my bright yellow cat eyes with the dialating black slit pupil us cats had.

We walked throught the quiet forest, following the dirt path that lead us all the way to Konoha. It was about an hour and a half walk, by the time we got to Konoha it was around six thirty in the afternoon. "You look good today Minati." Nafuko said softly, stoping only about two miles away from the village Konoha and crouching down, his elbows resting on his knees. I smiled.

"Thanks Nafuko-chan, you do too!" I smiled putting my hands on his shoulders. Today I wore a pair of black pants that were the kind Nafuko wore, actually, he gave me these pants. They were black and tight.. I think he called them Skinny Jeans? But yeah, they were black. I wore a black shirt also with a breast pocket where I held our house key, and a dark purple thin jacket over, the strings at the top of the jacket and the zipper part was white. My hair was cascading down my back, my bangs partially in my face. My eyes glowed the bright yellow with the light orange, both mixing into a electifying color that was bright, beautiful on me, and intimidating.

Intimidating was good, since father never taught me how to fight. He thinks I'm to young and that I'm not strong enough to control Fujinika. He believed that I shouldn't, especially as his only daughter. Most of the family disagrees, but father doesn't care. I depend on my family to protect me, my eyes to intimidate people not to mess with me.

Nafuko continued to stare at me back with his cat eyes, he still held his genuine smile through his mask. I was very good at reading Nafuko's facial features. Even when he had a mask on. I was just use to it on Nafuko. He rarely went out without his mask on! Leaning in a little closer, his forehead softly against mine, he spoke softly.

"Minati, you're with me. It's just us. Your mum isn't here to watch over you. No matter what I say, obey. We're going to enter into Konoha in just a few moments," he spoke kindly but very aware, making me yawn a little but listen intently. It's the same thing every time! "these people here aren't exactly friendly to outsiders and our clan. You stay right by my side, okay?" He said softly, nodding with understanding eyes that were very warm, looking into my intimidating ones.

I nodded respectfully and understandingly, keeping my forehead against his. But I deflated a little. It's only my second time coming here and again, I can't explore! I am allowed to act normal, but mum tells me to keep my head down when people get near. I want to explore!

"Shopping might take a while Minati, so maybe I'll let one of my clones take you to a park, okay?" He said kindly after seeing me deflate a little. But very easily, his words made me rush with excitement. Maybe I'd get a chance to explore!

Nafuko nodded softly, keeping the same soft smile under his mask.

"Be careful Minati. Stay close to me. Try not to make eye contact with anyone," his voice was kind as he stood back up, both of us standing side by side.

It was unintentionally, but in sync we both put on some sort of head accessory to cover our ears. For me, doing the same thing as always when we had to go out of the village, I wrapped my tail around my waist and zipped my jacket over it. I put on the dark purple hood that was on my hoodie, the hood was shaped as a normal jacket, but had two ear pieces that would fit right over my ears to look like they were a part of the jacket, not real ears. I kept my face bored and my eyes downcast so no one would hopefully notice me or pay much mind to me.