The Entire Family

I growled, ignoring the chakra up there for the moment.

"Before we just get down to it, Minati," my grandmother smiled, taking a small step closer to me, "say hello to the rest of your family."

I turned around, facing my family side by side with Faline and Trinsunik. My grandfather always wore his black glasses, they improved his sight obviously. But why? Because, during a fight he had gotten scratched in his eyes, not enough to remove them though. Just enough to damage his pupils, leaving odd lines in his eyes.

My mother and father stood together, holding hands. They stood infront of what was left of my family, and there wasn't much.

I'll explain my family tree to you: my mother, Niani, was born from Faline and Trinsunik. Faline and Trinsunik had two children, Farumini(far-om-in-E), and my mother Niani. My mother is the oldest, her younger sister is Farumini. My father, Mitino, was born from my other grandmother Maluni(mal-un-E), and other grandfather Shinokiji(shin-O-key-G). Maluni and Shinokiji had three children, Shimatsu(she-mat-sue), Mitino, and Maroku(ma-row-coo). The oldest is Maroku, the youngest is Shimatsu. Yes, my father was middle child. Now, who is the mother and father of my cousins Pirak, Nafuko, and Manika? Niani's younger sister, Farumini, fell in love with Maroku, my fathers eldest brother. They had three children, Pirak, Nafuko, and Manika.

Now, if we go further back and look at Faline's parents and Trinsunik's parents, we'd see that my family doesn't all look alike, unlike Mitino's family. We had that weird gene passing, we look more like my mothers grandparents. Their genes skipped their kid's, who is Faline, and Faline passed it on to us. So, my mother does not look like her mother, but a little like her grandmother. As for Mitino's family, they all sorta look alike. Our colors are different obviously, every generation of the family has different colors, but the colors are not to different. The colors may be pink for a generation and purple for the next. The smilarity could be that they are both dark shades or have the colors in the same parts of their body as the other generation. Some parts of the family look like they aren't even related, but that is just something that happens within the Honiari clan.

We're different.

I've already explained my mother's looks, my father's, my cousin's, and my grandparent's looks. All I need to explain is my mother's sister, and most of my father's side. Tiao was perched on my mother's shoulder, he too, my beloved cat, my kitten, stared at me with pained eyes, with longing eyes for his true owner. The girl he died for.

My mother's sister, Farumini, looks nothing like my mother. Like, at all. They look like two complete different people. And that's because in my bloodline, it is very rare to have two siblings look alike, we're born with our own colors and rarely sometimes we aren't. Me? I guess I'm one of the rare cases, looking exactly like the offspring of my mother and father. But another reason we all look different from our siblings is because once we find love, our colors change to match our partners colors or our colors merge together into another color. For example, Farumini's and Maroku's colors merged, creating that greenish yellow color. Farumini's born colors were greenish brown, Maroku's were yellowish gray. I know, our bloodline is really fucking confusing. But, bear with me. It gets easier.

My mother's colors were brown and black, but my father was born with the rare silver and black. So, once they got together, my mother's colors changed from brown and black to silver and black, and I was born exactly like them. As I said, I'm one of the rare fucking cases. My cousins are a little too, they look like eachother and their parents but at the same time kind of don't.

Farumini has a bob hair cut, the color is a mix between brown and green, dark yellow stripes were in her short bangs that gently swooped across her pale forehead. All of us are pale. Like, paper pale. I know, we're a bunch of vampire cats. She has grayish green eyes, specks of them apart and mixed giving her eyes a odd gleam when the shards of sunlight danced on them and her skin, they held no odd feelings, anger, sadness, sorrow, disbelief. The black slits were small due to the sunlight on her, but they stared at me. Her ears and tail were dark greenish yellow, she was as tall as my mother. She wore a dark brown tank top, just a normal tank top. She had dirty white wraps up both arms, starting from her wrists up to her mid triceps. Blue shorts that reached her midthigh weren't to tight but just perfect fitting, they were cargo shorts. Dirty white wraps spun around her legs, starting at her ankles up to her knees. She had dark green ninja sandles, special made like the whole family has. Manicured nails, pointy and painted dark yellow, rings glittered all over her fingers, a big brown bow covered half of her left ear.