Catherina

AN: hey you guys 😁
It's time for another little chappie
Shit's about to go down big time so get ready 😁😁😁

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!
DON'T BE A SILENT READER
XOXO M

_________________________________________________________________

After Elliott brought me back to the couch I just laid there for a while and stared at the ceiling.

Last night after Aram had fallen asleep, I had started to dose off as well. I faintly remembered being carried off and laid down before I blinked out completely.

When I came to, my head was pounding, but there was a glass of water and some advil on the glass table by the couch.

The couch itsself had been upgraded to a semi-bed due to a rearrangement of the cushions and the use of sheets, a real pillow and a duvet. I immediately recognised it as Elliott's handiwork.

It was something he always did when he was upset - he went all out in taking care of people. Apparently he had also dressed and probably bandaged up Aram, as well as fetched more comfortable restaints for him. I didn't own any padded leather cuffs, but I was pretty sure El did.

The trust Aram had in El, even after what happened last night, astounded me. I would have thought he would be shaking with fear when El sat next to him on the bed, but nothing. With me, however... I didn't know why he hated me so much. I had been the one to get him out, I had saved him from his torturer, I had fed him and left him my bed. What had Elliott done? Beaten him to the ground, threatened him, hurt him.

I didn't get it. Sighing I got up and trudged to the bathroom. I had to pee really bad.

After I was done I couldn't help but stare at myself in the mirror. I had a terrible bruise on my temple and bags under my eyes. I looked positively horrifying.

Just as I completed my thought process, the doorbell rang. Perfect. Just perfect.

I hauled myself out of my restroom and went to open the door.

"Catherina Josephina Eclestia! Where on earth have you been?" My father exclaimed, forcing himself past me and into my appartment. "Here at home." I answered truthfully, feigning innocence. "Then why can't you pick up a damn phone! Josef says he hasn't heard from you since you left him standing there at the auction! How could you do that? The poor man has been worried to death!"

At the mention of Josef and his godforsaken auction, I almost exploded. Who the hell did he think he was, sending me with Josef to that place, knowing full well what went on there?! How sick could you be? "I honestly do not care what Josef thinks, Father. I also do not care whether or not he worries. I am no child under your or his care and I do not appreciate being treated as one." I told him, my voice brisk, cold. And controlled. If I was going to tell my father to butt out of my life, I had to do so while I was collected and calm. A childish fit would only encourage his treatment of me. "Catherina Josephina! What kind of tone is that to speak to your own father in?" He asked, his voice booming. He was not quite yelling - no, he was too much of a business man for that - but he was fairly close to it. "And how dare you say you care not about Josef and his worry for you? Again you prove to me just how childish and weak you are! Stubbornly pouting while the own fiancé is worried beyond compare. Only you, Catherina Josephina, would be so selfish and immature!" His words stung and his tone of voice commanded obedience. He wanted to see me crawl, just like he always did. The adjectives he used to describe me were chosen from a list of words bound to hurt me and shatter my self esteem. But not this time. Not after what he made me see at that auction. I had had enough. "Josef is not my fiancé, as well as he will never be, Father. I have no intentions of accepting his proposal - ever. What happened when he took me out was yet another event to solidify my already solid hatred for the man." I told him, keeping my voice level when all I wanted to do was punch him squarely in the face for treating me the way he did. "Catherina Josephina Eclestia! How dare you say such vile things! Josef introduced you into our world, he took you by the hand and guided you through the maze of mishaps and misunderstandings that are bound to happen when a clutz such as yourself tries to step among the high society." "How dare I?" I asked, my voice cracking. "How dare I? HOW DARE I?!" By now I was full on screaming, poking him violently in his fat chest with every point I made. "HOW DARE YOU, FATHER?! HOW DARE YOU COME INTO MY HOME, SCOLD ME FOR LEAVING YOUR INSUFFRABLE EXCUSE FOR A RIGHT HAND AT A GODDAMN SLAVE AUCTION WHEN ALL HE'S DONE IS HARASS AND HUMILIATE ME ALL NIGHT, AND THEN PROCEED TO INSULT ME AND LECTURE ME AS IF I WERE TOO DUMB OR NAIVE TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING?! You and I are done, Father, you hear me? DONE! Now I suggest you move your sadistic ass out of my appartment before I call the police and tell them that Rodrigue Eclestia attacked me in my appartment and refuses to leave!"

Stunned silence. I glared at him. In the background I could hear Elliott and Aram come into the hall, but I was too busy to care. "I do not know what to say, but I can assure you that I will not be spoken to in such a way." He was seething, pissed that his favorite play toy refused to lay down for him to step all over it. I just continued to stare at him, wishing him dead. "Apologize." He commanded. A small part of me urged to comply immediately, but the overpowering rest of me was too angry to listen. "No." Instead I reached for the phone. He grabbed me so quickly I had barely time to react. His hands clutched my upperarms and before I knew it, my always calm, always collected father was screaming, yelling in my face, spit hitting me on my cheeks, my forehead. I tuned out what he was saying, it wasn't of any relevance anyway. And then, the most impossible thing happened.

He hit me.

Not with the flat hand, not a slap.

A punch, straight to my already wounded temple.

AN: woooooooahh cliffhanger 😱😱
Don't hate me guys 🙈🙈🙈🙈

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT

XOXO M