Aram

AN: Hi everybody! It's been so long that Idek what to say in this note, but I wrote some new stuff, so I figured I'd just upload it. For those of you who have been here since the beginning - thank you and sorry, I know this story is turning into quite the process. I'm hoping I can bring it to a solid end soon and stop leaving you all hanging with a half assed story. For now, all I can do is write whenever inspiration strikes and then go upload it. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

xoxo m

___________________________________________________________________

I tapped on my knee nervously, the anxiety I was feeling causing an excess of energy that was begging to be purged. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cat frown. I turned to give her a reassuring smile, but I'm afraid it ended up being more of a grimace.

"This is good," she told me, hazel eyes tracing the brass sign on the door across from us.

"I know," I mumbled, "doesn't make me less anxious though."

I felt like a little child, sitting in front of the principle's office, waiting for his judgement to be spoken.

"Are you going to tell her about our relationship?" Cat asked gently.

"I kind of have to, don't you think?"

Her hand gently encased mine on my thigh, trapping my fingers.

"You don't have to do anything," she told me, her eyes screaming sincerity.

Before I got the chance to answer, the door opened and gave way to the waiflike figure of a pale, slim, red haired woman. She stood regally tall, both commanding attention and making me feel at ease. What was it with me and this reaction to other dominant personalities this way recently? First Elliott, now her? I had never had this kind of a reaction to any Dom at a club - hell, I hadn't felt this way about even my own parents, even though my own father was one of the most commanding people I'd ever met.

"Aram Coldwell?" She asked, her sea-foam green eyes connecting with mine.

"That's me," I said awkwardly, rising to stand at my full height.

Although she was tall, I still towered over her. Nevertheless I felt small approaching her, confidence lost somewhere in the abyss of my own mind.

"I'm Dr. Jaime McGregor," she introduced, holding her hand out for me to shake.

I reached out automatically to enclose her dainty fingers in my own and give them a firm shake.

"I'm Aram, this is Catherina, my -" I stalled, realizing I had no clue how to introduce Cat.

In all the time we'd spent together, never once did we decide how to present ourselves outside our lifestyle. Maybe that was part of the problem.

"Partner," Cat supplied, stepping up to shake Dr.McGregor's hand as well.