SYNOPSIS

"When you smile like a tease baby you don't even know oh oh..... And my heart skips a beat Darling every time you go..... When you walk into the room. I can't speak and I can't move. You don't see me but you should, why you gotta make it hurt so good!" Shelly and I sing along as loud as our throats allow us, as Carly rae jepsen's 'hurt so good' plays on the radio. We fall on the huge bed laughing in my room, when we hear footsteps of someone coming closer. We hurry up and change the radio to a mild ballroom song and grab some random book in hand, pretending as if reading some 'sophisticated book' along with some music.

"Shelly!! At once!! Go in your room and get ready for the evening!" Mother shouts as she push opens the double door of my room.

"Yes mother." Shelly replies as she moves out of the room, head down with shame and displeasure.

"I hope you take this ceremony seriously Ally." Mother gives me a haunting stare. That seriously gives me goosebumps! "Many people of great posts including ministers and important countrymen will be here today. Please. No problems to be created from your side. I hope I'm clear with my point."

"Yes mother." I put my head down, feeling something similar like Shelly.

Hi. I'm Ally. Ally Sidren. The elder daughter of the very rich businessman of Phoenix, Arizona. The one who was just experiencing a scolding from mother was my step sister Shelly. Yet, we are closer than any step sister must have ever been. I never considered her to be a step sister, nor did she. You must be thinking what special is about to occur today. Well, to answer that, its mother and father's 30th anniversary.

The whole mansion is sparkling and decorated just as mother had decided. But like any other occasion, mother isn't smiling. Even after all of Shelly and my attempts, we can't bring a simple smile on mother's face. We still have hopes and are trying our best to make her feel happy.

Honestly, mother is always kinda short-tempered and more of a profit-maker than family-maker. Although we are all independent, not even a leaf can move in the palace without her permission. Although she is my step mother and Shelly's real one, I obey her orders like I would have obeyed of my real mother who died of brain tumor when I was 7. When I turned 10, father thought that I need a mother and so married the famous fashion designer of all times, Marisa Richel for my sake. Well, that didn't help very positively, but yes! It made Shelly an important part of my life. Anyway, I should be getting ready now or else I'll have to face mother's anger, which I don't want to.

HI GUYS! MY VERY FIRST ATTEMPT TO PLEASE YOU GUYS. I HOPE WE HAVE A GREAT JOURNEY TOGETHER THROUGH THIS BOOK WHERE I'LL BE A PATIENT LISTENER OF ALL YOUR PRAISES AND SUGGESTIONS AND WHERE YOU GUYS COOPERATE WITH ME BY GIVING IT AS MANY LIKES AS POSSIBLE! LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU ALL AS AWESOME AUDIENCE. HUGS AND LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!

-NEETIKA (SHINE_LIKE_CRYSTALS)