ELEVEN: JUST A DAY TO PASS

It's the first weekend of the month and also the first day of work at cafe. It's 8:00 am in the watch and I am all set to leave with a maroon checks shirt tucked inside my black pants. I've tied my hair in a ponytail with the cafe hat in my hand. 

It's almost half an hour left for me to end with my working hours and go home. It's been a long tiring day.

"Hi. How can I help you?" I ask without looking at the group of people standing in front of the cash counter. But as soon as I look up, I see Mr. Blondie with his group, in a brown hoodie, headphones hanging around his neck. "What are YOU doing here?"

"I'm here to see you." He winks at me, leaning on the marble layered counter. "Not actually. Just some fun beach time with my friends. I'm sure you get it now."

"Oh shut up!"

"Umm. I would love to shut up but you wouldn't like it if you lost this bunch of customers. Right? Ms. Ally Sidren." He says, reading my name from the badge pinned on my shirt. "Oh. So you're the one representing the school for the Strasbourg Talent Search. We're surely gonna lose this time then."

"If you are done with the your talks then can I work? Now would you like to place your order or......" He laughs and everyone places their order. My cafe colleague serves the order to the group seated on the corner most seat of the cafeteria. "Hey Linda It's 6:00 pm. My working hours are over. I'm going home okay? See you. Bye." Linda waves at me as I remove my apron and hat, and swipe my office card to sign out.

"You live HERE?" Austin shouts from behind and comes running across the road towards our house and asks in astonishment as I walk to the front gate.

"Any problem with that sir?"

"Not at all. You just live next to me. This is my house." Marc points at 

"And why should I know that?"

"You should know at-least this much about your neighbourhood."

"I don't need to if I've got neighbours like you."

"Umm. Okay then. See you around. Bye."

"Hope not to see you around." I say and walk into the house. I hope that the rest of my day goes well, although it's 200% impossible after the start of a day with seeing Austin's face. "I'm home."

"Welcome honey. Are you going in for a hair wash? We'll be leaving for the boutique in an hour." Laura herself has just come out of the bath. I look at the wall clock which says it's 7:30 right now.

"I'll be done by 8:00. First tell me what am I supposed to carry along with me to the office?" I keep my phone on the granite in the hallway and remove my shoes.

"You need not carry anything on the first day. Just carry along a fresh mood and great designs in your mind. That'll be the best way you can help me. And please can you make some breakfast today? I really need to put on the statistics of this month. You see, its Christmas month and like always, the number of customers will increase rapidly. Having two helping hands is a blessing."

"Don't worry. Today's breakfast is by me." I first decide to have a bath and freshen up rather than being a sandy cook. I come out of the shower within 15 minutes wearing a white formal shirt with black pencil skirt. My hair are wet and I decide to dry them after making breakfast. Some sandwiches and instant noodles would go with some juice. "Breakfast is ready. Come downstairs you guys."

"Ooh. Sandwiches. Again." Shelly wrinkles her nose. "Couldn't you make something good?"

There is nothing at home. We need to go shopping. Please bear with this today."