TWENTY TWO: A DAY @ THE BEACH

"Shelly. I'm wearing my ochre dress for now. What are you wearing?" I put on the dress over my bikini, holding my hair up in a bun. Its about 4 pm right now and Shelly is tying her hair in a long, straight ponytail, wearing her black and peach casual gown. "Mhm. Looking good."

"Thank you. You too." She winks at me and I go hug her. She gets annoyed if anyone hugs her. "No! Ally! Stop! Stay away."

"Right. If Eric was here instead of me, you would have loved it." I narrow my eyes in fake exclamation. "This is injustice!"

"Shut up! Let's go. Eric and the others must've reached already."

"Mm. Eric will surely be waiting for you." Shelly punches me on the arm, trying to hold her blush back.

"Well let's go. Austin would be waiting for you too." I giggle and run after here as we head downstairs and I grab the keys from the kitchen shelf. I pick my beach bag from the floor. Laura is at the boutique early today and probably will arrive late. "Where are you? Stop travelling in your dreamland again! Come on!" Just then my phone rings.
"Out of the house already." I answer Austin on the other end not even give him the chance to say anything and disconnect the call, locking the door simultaneously. The beach welcomes us with a pleasant breeze which lightens my mood. I am so filled with adrenaline that I feel like jumping around. But I just run as fast as I can towards Suzanne and Jason who are splashing water at each other. I dump the bag on the sand, as I see Jason trying to come out of the water towards me with an intention.

"No! Jason! Stay right there! Ah!" I squeek just as Suzanne comes to my rescue and starts splashing water at Jason. He gives her a notorious smirk as Shelly tries to run away but Jason pulls her by her leg and she lands up in the waves. They're one cute couple.

My eyes fall on Shelly and Eric who are just holding hands and walking at the boundary where the waves end. Just then Eric picks Shelly up bridal style and runs into water until they're deep enough that the water reaches their chest. I can hear Shelly curse her for what he just did and then hugging him. The atmosphere around is so romantic. Its awesome. I start walking towards the locker to keep my bag in the shelter. After I'm done, I realise there is not much of a crowd at the moment at the beach. I start walking- away from the two couples- towards the other side of the beach. Suddenly, without giving me a chance to react, Austin picks me up and swirls in the air.

"Ally!!!" He stretches my name in excitement, scaring the hell out of me. "Hi babe!"

"Are you a complete idiot! Psycho path! You scared me!" I hit him on him bare built up arm. "And what do you mean by 'babe'? I'm not your babe!"

"Okay princess. I'm sorry." I suddenly feel my body heating up as Austin checks me out the dirty smirk clear on his face. I can't help but blush at this. I just give him a smile and start walking back in the same direction.

He starts walking beside me in the direction I was originally marching in. He gently grabs my pinkie finger in his, sending butterflies down my stomach. My whole hand has turned numb by his touch. What is he doing to me? "I asked you something Al. Where are you?"

"What?" I really need to stop getting lost in my own world. Honestly.

"I asked, why are walking alone?"

"Absorbing the romantic atmosphere around I guess." I smile at him again as he tightens his grip around my little finger.

For the next 5 minutes we're just waling silently, still holding each other's finger. I detach my finger from his and stop at my place. I close my eyes and just feel the air kissing every inch of my bare skin. Heavenly peace is what I call this feeling. "Austin. Have you ever felt the wind like this?"