NINETEEN: THE DISASTROUS PARTY

"Look. I'm not feeling good about this. I don't even feel like dressing up today. Can't I stay home?" I say to Suzanne who came over to my place directly after school and is getting all done up for the party. Jason and Jeremy will be reaching home in another half an hour and Austin is in the shower right now. Shelly has put on her new dress and is ironing her hair. "I'm talking to you Suzy."

"Look. You can go on trying it but unfortunately, it'll not help you change our mind. You ARE coming with us. And that's final. Come on now. Move your ass and start getting ready!" Suzanne is brushing her maroon hair very carefully for perfect finishing while I huff at her order and head to the washroom to wash my face. "Hurry up."

I've worn the dress I had decided yesterday which is looking really pretty, better than I expected it to look. I left my hair open a decided. I put on my dark brown liquid lipstick and find myself ready for the party. I would still prefer sitting at home. Suzanne is so concentrated on her make-up that I'm ready in 15 minutes, where she has been dressing for the past 45 minutes.

"I'm already done Suzy. Come on now. How much more time do you need to get ready?" She is just concentrating on her mascara and surely not listening to me. "Are you hearing me?"

"Oh shush. Atleast put some liner and mascara. I really don't feel like taking you along like this." Suzanne turns towards me and rests her palm on her hip.

"Perfect! Then don't take me along. I'll stay home. Okay?" I remove my wedges and fall on the bed on the thought of staying home.

"Shut up! I-I didn't mean that. What I mean is, you are putting on some liner and we're leaving as soon as Jason and Jeremy are here." Suzanne corrects her sentence. I just laugh slightly at that. But still, I don't want to go to the party!

Shelly answers the door bell and I can hear her welcome Jeremy and Jason. I walk downstairs with Suzanne following me. As soon as Jason sees Suzanne's black top, printed pant, her hair tied in a bun, and pretty little black earrings, his jaw drops on the floor. I can feel Suzanne's face turning red.

"Wow Suzy. You look....... Beautiful. I mean, pretty." Jason is having difficulty in finding words after seeing the beautiful get up of Suzanne.

"Thanks sweety. Let's go?" Suzanne grabs Jason hands and walks out of the door. Jeremy, Shelly and I follow the two love birds. Jason has got his 2012 Mercedes. "Ooh. Finally a ride in your car eh? I guess the last time I had a ride in it was when we went for our first date 2 months and 5 days ago." She remembers the exact date when the two first dated. "I hope you remember where we went."

"Umm. I..... Don't remember. Sorry." Okay. there goes a fire-shot. Jason is so dead.

"You. Don't remember?!" Suzanne seems angry and sad at the same time on what she just heard. Not her fault. Is it?

"Oh come on you guys. Stop it. We're right here. Not invisible or something." Shelly snaps them out of their love world when Jason smirks to himself. There's something going on in his mind. I'm so sure of it. For now, Suzanne is low.

"Hey Suzanne. Come over to my house after the party. We can have a night out. What say?" Suzanne agrees to the plan and is kinda diverted from the prior topic. 

We reached at Gabby's mansion within 20 minutes. It's reflecting with disco lights and peoples' shadows which are saturating the huge house. I'm REALLY not feeling very comfortable about this.

"Look you guys. I'm seriously not comfortable here. I want to go home." Nobody is listening to me as usual.

"It'll be fine. Don't worry." Austin comes next to me, holding a disposable glass in his hand. "Just walk inside. Come on. I'll see you around. Okay?" He winks before leaving. I walk inside with lesser fear after talking to Austin. It'll all be good Ally. Don't worry. Austin and the others are right here in the party. You'll have them right here when you need them. Just. Cool. Down.