EIGHT : FIRST MEETING WITH THE BAD BOY

"Laura. Is there any good places to shop around here? I really need to buy some accessories with the jumper. I seriously have nothing to match with it." I say, heading downstairs. Laura is sitting in front of the TV, half-emptied ice-cream box in her hand and 'A Walk to Remember' playing on Netflix. After a tiring day from the new job I acquired at the beach cafe, I decided to find something to go along with my dress for the evening.

"Yeah! Just behind the row-houses is a market street. You'll get anything that you want from there." Laura wipes her tears and says to me, stuttering with sobs.

"Okay thanks. Shelly is still asleep. Can you please wake her up in the next 5 minutes? I'll be back within half of an hour from the market street." Laura gives me a thumbs up, eyes locked on the TV.

"Call me for any help. Don't get lost." Laura shouts as she realizes that I've already left the hall. I shout 'yes' from the passageway leading to the door.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Are you ready Shelly?" I knock the door of her room, listening to which Shelly opens the door, holding a curler in her hand, some strands of her hair, in between the hot plates. "How much more time do you need? You were to do my make up if I'm not mistaken." I lean on the door, the other hand on my hip.

"Last two minutes. I'll come to your room. Till then, remove your make up set. You can at-least wear earrings in the mean while." Shelly says, unwinding her hair from the curler. Her straight hair have got a change. The curls make her hair look more voluminous. "Come on. Let's go get you ready." I'm already changed in my jumper, the only one thing remaining is make up. I've decided to tie my straight hair into a high pony with a small puff.

After about 15 minutes of experimentation and application of eye shadow over the foundation, I'm all set with smoky eyes, my hair waved with gentle curls, and left open, and pretty copper earrings shimmering in light. I'm looking prettier than I thought I'd look. "Done. Do you find it nice? I hope I didn't overdo it." I tell her that I love this look, which makes her smile wide.

"Wow! You guys are looking really gorgeous! You're gonna be the center of attraction at the party. Oh wait. Before leaving-" Laura rushes to her room and gets two sling bags according to our dress for us to put our emergency make up kit and mobile in it. In the other hand, she is holding a hair spray which reads 'contains glitter'. "Apply this on your hair. Will add to your hair's beauty. Plus, your bright hair color will add to the shimmer." Laura holds a few strands of my hair in her hand and sprays the glitter on it. "Some stilettos with this, and you're all set."

"I'd prefer flats. Dancing in heals. I'll definitely fall and hurt myself." I laugh as Laura grabs another part of hair from my shoulder and colors it copper with the glitter. That one strand will be exposed all the time through my neck.

"I guess we should leave. It's already 25 minutes past 6. We're supposed to meet Suzanne in 5 minutes." Shelly looks at her white watch to check for the time. "Thanks for your help with the dress and Al's make up." Laura replies with a sugary smile. We walk downstairs, letting our sling to hang through the shoulder. We hug Laura and close the door behind us. Laura has already handed us a copy of the house keys, in case we are late and if she is asleep.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Hi! Ally?" A girl wearing an orange tailed cocktail dress waves at me. "I'm Suzanne. Wow. You're looking pretty. Especially your hair. And this dress, woah." Suzanne says. Shelly has already headed to find people of her batch.

"Well you're no less. You can trust me on that." Suzanne thanks me on that and we walk inside where the crowd has already started increasing. "It's a cool place. I've got a lot to explore it seems. You'll help me. Wouldn't you?" Suzanne agrees through her nod and smiles.

"Good evening to all the loving students of Strasbourg High! Can you believe it?! It's our senior year! Can I hear all the responses from you guys?!" A girl on the stage holding a mike in her hand, waiting for the audience's reply. She gets a positive reply by hooting from all the students. "Amazing! So shall we all get on the dance floor and let ourselves loose?!" The public cheers on that as the DJ starts the party.

"It seems we're gonna have fun tonight." Suzanne says, raising her hand for a high five. I give her a shot in same excitement that is seen on her face.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It's been hardly half an hour and we are all sweating from the dance and now heading towards the drinks. "Alcohol?" Suzanne asks, offering a plastic glass. "You drink. Don't you?"

"I. Don't. But. I didn't know our college permits alcohol?" I ask in confusion. "Like. Really?"

"Of-course...... Not. But the teachers don't know that we've got alcohol here That's what we call fun." Suzanne whispers in my ear to make sure no teacher hears us. "Shh. Keep it to yourself okay? And come on. It's your time to open up. Have this. Go on."

"S-Sure." I wrinkle my forehead in confusion. Suzanne hands me some berry soda mixed with alcohol. "Thanks." I turn around to head towards the benches, but my glass spills over a guy's white shirt. Shit! "Holy crap! I'm so sorry!" I stop when I see a boy with blonde hair and black jeans standing in front of me, rubbing his hands over his drenched shirt. "I'm so very sorry. I didn't actually see you passing by."

"No need. It is my fault. I should have known that you have some kinda defect on your eyes and that you couldn't see people nearby you. Do get them checked." What he just said, left me stunned. He thinks it's my mistake that I've not got eyes at my back to see who is standing behind me. I swear. Common sense is so uncommon nowadays.

"Excuse me! Do you have any sense of how to talk to people? How would I know that you are standing behind me? I've not got eyes at my back if you don't know." I reply bluntly, regretting on apologizing to this manner-less person. "I guess you can get that stain off before it dries and turns permanent. And don't worry about my eyes. Get your brain checked. Let's go Suzanne." We walk to a bench nearer to the water and sit there as the cool wind sends down shivers through our body.

"Suzy! Hi!" A guy with dark hair and slightly violet eyes comes and hugs Suzanne.

"Don't you think we were supposed to meet at 6:30? It's already seven Jason. Where have you been?" Suzanne folds her hands on her chest and narrows her eyes.

"Sorry sweetheart. Was really confused on what to get for you. I finally got this. Hope you like it." Jason seems to be inclined towards Suzanne.

"I'll see you around Suzanne. I should go and check on Shelly." I say, interrupting their conversation. "Just call me once you're free."

"Oh no. You stay with me. Anyway, Al. This is Jason. My boyfriend. And Jason this is Ally. My new found best friend. She is really sweet. You'd love to be friends with her. She has already got really close to me in just a phone conversation and in the past 30 minutes." Jason smiles at me and waves his hand at me. I do the same.

"So. Suzanne told me that you're in the school soccer team. I actually wanted to know about the other sports teams. You see, my sister Shelly is very much into sports and would love joining some team. So, if you could help me out with that." I ask Jason and he replies with a nod.

"Don't worry. Just give me your sister's details and the teams she would like to join. Rest, leave it to me." Jason says and leaves to receive a call.

"He's really a kind guy. You've got lucky there." I say to Suzanne, poking my elbow in her stomach.

"Are you jealous?" I surrender myself at Suzanne's humour. No way do I like him except as a good friend.

"Not at all. Let's go dancing." We go to the dance floor and start dancing like we were 15 minutes ago. Soon we are again drenched in sweat but we care less about that. Just want to enjoy right now.

HI GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT. COMMENTS? YES! AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE FINDING IT A BORE. LOVE YOU GUYS.