SIX: PARTY PREPARATION AND HOUSE HUNT

"I expected you to pick something better Shelly." I look at her. We finally bought new sim cards before filling our admission forms so that we don't need to get our registered number changed in the college after we get our new numbers. "This is actually the worst one that you've picked in the last 2 hours. Come on, since when has your dressing sense grown so boring?" I rest my palm at my hips and give her a cold look.

"I don't know. Just don't feel good about this party. You sure we should be going?" Shelly's wrinkled forehead shows that she is uncomfortable with this idea. I know exactly the reason.

"You're scared because we'll be meeting all the college students for the first time right? I never thought that THE Shelly Sidren will be scared of going to a party?" I cross my hands around my chest and raise my eyebrows in fake astonishment. "Its okay. Everything will be fine. Trust me."

"I hope so. I really hope so." Shelly rubs her arms with her palms and lets out a sigh. "Lets go find a good dress for you."

"Mhm." I deny with some other plan in my mind. "Lets go have some yogurt. I really want to have some berry yogurt with rainbow sprinkles. That was what I used to have a lot when we kids. Remember?"

"And I used to love having mango yogurt! Good idea! Lets go have some!" Shelly claps her hands in excitement. "I'm as it is tired of this useless shopping."

"Nobody understands you better than me. Isn't it?" I giggle a little, waiting for her reply. 

"And nobody knows YOU better than me." She replies with a grin. We laugh at this together as we step onto the escalator.

We took our choice of yogurt and headed out of the mall, without any dress for tomorrow. First day of college, I really need to put a good impression.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

My sleep is broken at 8 in the morning when my phone rings displaying an unknown number. "Hello? Ally Sidren speaking." I say in a sleepy voice yet.

"Miss Sidren, I'm Suzanne Arsenault, the head manager of the coordinators club from Strasbourg High. Can we have a talk?" A girl's voice replies from the other side.

"Yeah sure. Hi. How can I help you?" I say, clearing my throat and sitting up straight on my bed, still wrapped in my cozy bed sheet insulating me from the chilled environment.

"Actually. I'm the standard coordinator of events club for our batch. Since we have established, we have been a pathway for new students to be known in the school so that he/she can socialize more and be a part of the college events. And as you know, we are having our senior year party within 3 days. So, would you like to participate in any dance, act or band we're organizing?" Suzanne informs me. "You'll have to come for the auditions and if you're selected, you'll have to make it to the rehearsals."

"Umm. Can I let you know by today evening? I'll have to think over it a little bit. Because you know, we have just moved in from Arizona and we still haven't accommodated ourselves." I move my hands through my tangled hair, get up from the bed and start taking circles around the bed. "I hope its not a problem."

"Oh no no. Its perfectly fine. Just let me know max by 5 pm. Okay?" Suzanne assures me. "It was nice talking to you. Hope to see you at the auditions. Bye."

"See you then. Bye." I hang up after she does and walk towards the washroom to get brushed and to freshen up. I come out after 15 minutes, wearing fresh clothes and find Shelly still asleep. "Wake up. Sleeping beauty. We can't stay in a hotel for the rest of our life. Come on. We even need to shop for the party."