SIXTEEN: MEETING LISA!

"Austin. Where ARE we going?" This about the 15th time I've asked him but I've not got the reply even once. "Spill it out would you?"

"Can't you just sit quietly for a while? You've been chattering all the time till now." But I need to know where we are heading.

"Tell me about our destination and I'll not say anything else." When I promise smething, I'm sure of keeping it. "Trust me."

"We're reaching in another 15 minutes. The only thing I can say now is, that the one we're gonna meet is just like you. You'll get along real well."

"Hold on a sec. Are we going to MEET someone? Damn Austin! You could've told that to me earlier. I would've dressed a little better." He is such a wrong-timer. "I look horrible. With a bandage on my head and these clothes! I'm surely looking disastrous."

"No you're not. Now shut up will you?" I decide not to open my mouth for the next 15 minutes and try hard when finally Austin pulls the breaks and we are now in front of the military school. "Tada. We're finally at our destination."

"Army school? You want me to meet an army officer? But why?" He just gives a smile to me.

"Hello Lisa. Can you come out for some time if possible?" Austin says as 'Lisa' picks on the other side. "Kay. Come fast." He hangs up. Within the next 5 minutes a brunette haired young girl, of about 2 years older than us comes running towards Austin with a sweet smile, sparkling eyes and army uniform. "Lisa!" He hugs her tightly as she rests her chin on his sturdy shoulder.

"How are you baby bro?" Lisa says. She has got a really sweet voice and her way of expressing things is so similar to mine! "Seems like you've got a friend with you. Oh. But why this bandage on your hand?" She's caring too.

"Oh come on. You know I don't like it when you call me that." Austin pouts just like a small 'baby brother'.

"Hi I'm Ally." I shake her hand in a formal approach.

"She's really pretty." Lisa says to Austin and he just nods in agreement. "Why don't you come in and sit for some while in the visitor's room?" We head to the huge room which is soulless.

"It's been a long time since I've been here. About 2 years." Austin approximates.

"Mhm. 1 and 1/2 year. Since my final year training began ans we were not allowed to meet anyone." She's good at absolute values. After all every day without family is really tough. 1 and 1/2 year is so much.

"Woah! Tedious training eh?" I don't feel as awkward as I thought it to be. We actually get along well. For the next 1 hour we're talking about all of our childhood experiences and when another half an hour passes, we don't get know. Then suddenly my phone rings and I answer the phone flashing Shelly's number. "Hi Shelly. What's up?"

"Are you fine back there? Do you need anything?" She seems concerned.

"No. I'm fine. I have come here to the military school with Austin to meet his elder sister." Yeah. Lisa is Austin's real big sis.

"I thought you were supposed to rest back at home. Anyways. Take care okay? I hope you're wearing something warm."

"Yes Shelly. You concentrate on your work. I'm fine. Bye." And I hang up. I already told Lisa about Shelly. "I guess we should be heading home now. It's already 2 pm and I need to have my lunch and medicines too. It was nice meeting you Lisa. Hope to see you soon again." She hugs me in reply as we walk out of the visitor's room. "Bye." I say as we drive off after Austin gives a tight hug to Lisa. "I'm glad you got me here. Your sister is damn sweet."

"She's my lifeline. I can't imagine my life without her."

"I understand. I totally do. Can we wait in the restaurant we saw on our way? I'm really hungry."

"No way are you having food from there. You need to have only homemade fresh food until you're back to normal."

"But-"

"No ifs and buts. We're having lunch at home only. Get it?" I don't need to say anything further, so I huff and look around us, woods covering from both the sides. 

"Nice place. We should come here more often."

"Hmm. I thought it'll be nice if you met Lisa coz you guys have a lot in common."

"I guess you're right. I'd want to come here again when you plan to visit her for the next time."

"Done."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

We have reached home just 10-15 minutes ago and I'm sitting on my bed surfing through the channels again. Austin is making lunch downstairs. I hope he's not destroying the kitchen or Laura will destroy me. I can hear his footsteps as he climbs up and arrives at the door with a tray containing a covered plate and glass of soy-milk.

"I hope that's vanilla milk." I don't drink any other flavour of Soy-milk other than vanilla. "I'll not have cashew flavour." I wrinkle my nose at the thought of that flavour.

"Yes. It's vanilla." He keeps the tray next to me and sits next to me on the bed as he uncovers the plate. Some grilled chicken with cury and pasta is well presented on the plate with some salad and strawberry yoghurt. "Tada!"

"Yummy!" Without thinking about anything else, I put the plate on my lap and firstly attack on the pasta. Must say, its as delicious as it seems. "You cook well. I didn't expect YOU to be good with veggies and spices." I've still got a lot to see within Austin it seems.

"Thanks." He gives that same sweet smile. He's not all that bad as I thought him to be on the day of college party. After I'm done with my lunch, I realize that he didn't have his lunch either.

"You're not eating?" He nods a 'no'.

"I had a mayo sandwich while cooking all this." He gets up from his place and unwraps the medicine and gets that to me. "Have it with soy-milk." I gulp the tablets and drink the glass of milk empty at once.

"It was delicious. Thanks Austy." He just smiles. Again.

"I guess you should sleep now I'll see you-" Austin is obstructed by my phone's ring again.

"Hi sweety. What's up?" I answer Suzanne's call and say.

"You didn't find it necessary to tell us about what happened with you? This is your friendship?" She seems angry about that.

"I'm sorry Suzy. I came home last evening only and then Austin took me to meet his sister to the military school. I just reached home half an hour ago and was having lunch darling." I explain.

"Oh. Okay. We're on our way. Will be there in no time."

"Perfect. Bye."