FIVE: MISSION ADMISSION

"Shelly! We're already late girl! We need to go and see the Monroe High School! Move it would you?" I knock the washroom door, but I get no reply from the girl inside since the last 20 minutes. "Are you planning to come out today itself?" She finally is out and we quickly switch off all the appliances, wear our jackets and head out of the room. "What took you so long?" I ask her as she presses the button of the lift.

"Sorry." She says.

"It's okay." We step out of the elevator and deposit our room key at the reception. "We shall be back by evening. Till then, please let us know for the updates on us. We have already given you our number in case anyone comes searching for us." The receptionist nods a sweet smile at us as I read her name written on the name batch. "I appreciate that Milley. Nice to meet you. Bye." I return a same sweet smile to her and leave.

We see our taxi already waiting at the gate for us. "How sweet of the hotel people. They arranged a taxi for us." Shelly tilts her head a little in sweetness as I tap on her shoulder with a cold expression, she darts a glance at me and heads towards the taxi. I laugh a little but then follow her into the taxi. "5th Avenue street please."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In front of us stands a huge, perfectly managed campus of Monroe High School. It seems so perfect, but as we enter the college, seeing the horrible crowd, the very first thing I do, is cut off the name from my diary in which a number of college are listed down waiting for our visit for admission. Too much to inspect and decide. Huff!

We get back into the taxi, and after rejecting the 5th high school in a row, I clutch my head in my hands in despair. "I swear I'll die if we have to land up in such a college. I'm all exhausted and not to mention hungry." Shelly lets out a sigh when I suggest an idea of having lunch in a restaurant on our way to the second last college.

We stop at The Pixie Kitchen and order some Pasta with garlic bread along with some blueberry soda. Just what we need to relax our pounding brains.

We then head to the second college, where we find a good building and decent crown, unlike the 5 colleges we went to before. We head to the reception to talk for an appointment with the principal of Robert Schumann High School. We reject the school as soon as possible after knowing that the fees of the college is twice the amount mentioned on their official site.

"Last institute, last hope. Strasbourg High." I let out an exasperated breath before stepping out of the car.

"Fingers crossed on this." Each and with every step that we take towards the grey-painted campus, well-maintained and huge with a big enough ground, my heartbeat increases. "Hey Al. Hope for the best." I just nod an unsatisfactory yes my eyes glued on the entrance. Just as we enter in, a lively environment surrounds us, releasing out half of our anxiety. "I guess its a good beginning. Lets head to the principal's reception."

We parade upstairs to the first floor and stop in front of the reception across the huge passage way, walls covered with lockers with labels reading the students' name. "Good afternoon. We are here to meet the principal for admission. Is she free?"

"Oh yes. You may go in but before that, let me know your names." We tell her our names as she feeds them in her mac book. "The given info has been transferred to principal's computer. Her name is Sophia Brinbale. Take my advice - if she finds you to be really good students, she will be really sweet with you. That lady is really good at heart but equally strict in circumstances. All the best to you two."

"Thank you. We really need the luck." We knock the door and walk in as we get an indication from Ms. Brinbale. "Good afternoon mam. Ally and Shelly Sidren. For admission."

"Yes yes. Please. So, coming directly to the point. Are you carrying your past results with you? I guess that was mentioned on our site." Ms. Brinbale looks into our eyes alternatively through her glasses, with a sweet smile on her face.

"Yes of course. Here. These are my past records with all the certificates and this is Shelly's." For the next 10 minutes, there is silence in the huge room as Ms. Brinbale goes through our file. She is letting out no expression, giving fear to rise up through the stomach.

"Hmm. So you are from Phoenix middle school. Any reason for leaving Phoenix and coming to Strasbourg. Because the two places are really distant from each other. Anything we could know about your parents?" That question eventually turns our smile into a faded sadness. "If its something you don't think we should know, then its fine."

"No no. Its nothing like that. Actually our mother died of tumor when we were 7. And we left father and mother and came to Strasbourg because we did not want to be dependent on anyone throughout our lives. Shelly and I are step sisters. My step mother decided to marry father for my sake which didn't turn out well. Honestly, we ran away from Phoenix because my father wanted me to marry the son of a rich businessman for official expansion. But I wanted to continue my studies. After-all I'm only 17. And therefore we are searching for college and house at rent." I explain it to her, my hazel eyes meeting her coffee brown ones in confidence.

"Oh dear lord! I'm so sorry. You pretty little girls didn't deserve this. But its good that you have already decided to be independent and to take care of yourself. If you need any help, I'm right here. We'll be glad to have children like you in our school who have good manners, good scores and have a motto in life. Our school will reach heights with kids like you. Welcome to Strasbourg High." Ms. Brinbale gives us an energetic handshake. "And you two are lucky that our new semester is starting next week. So you'll not be missing out on anything."

"Thank you so much mam. I'd love to join this school and have a lovely principal for the next 4 years." We get up and start marching out of the room when Ms. Brinbale stops us. 

"Wait. Girls. We are holding a party for the beginning of the new semester on the first day of college. That is, next week on Monday. Do come. We are going to announce the upcoming inter-school competitions and extracurricular activities. Do not miss that okay?" We nod an assuring yes and head out of the door.

Just as we step out, Shelly and I give each other a loud high five and hug each other to let our happiness out. Mission Admission successful. Now is our time to be happy.

Hey guys! Hope you liked the chapter. You all know, suggestions and comments most welcome. Let me know for any idea that you get and wish me to put in the next chapter. Loads of Love....

-NEETIKA (shine_like_crystals)