Detlas Dawgs

They had finally arrived in the bustling city of Detlas. Everywhere they looked there were people furiously attempting to sell items. The bank was always the busiest place there.

"Okay guys, Nemo's got to be around here somewhere," Sawnik said. Sawnik didn't take long to realize the two weren't listening, they had already been caught up in the busy city.

"Yeah um I'll go check the 'potion' shop," Zone mumbled as he walked straight toward his new favorite store.

"Ugh.. at least we can do this Wolfy. Wolfy?" Wolfy was already gone. She found a place that sold puppies, there was no stopping Wolfy. Sawnik groaned and started searching the city for the missing Nemo. She asked players where he might be, but they said no one has ever found him. All the NPCs would say is "BUY MY STUFF. CHEAP!" Discouraged, Sawnik went to find the others. First she went to the pet store to find Wolfy sitting in the cage with the puppies, howling.

"Wolfy we gotta find this guy remember?" Sawnik said. Wolfy stopped wagging her tail.

"Fine..." she stood up and leaned over the cage railing. Zone had walked in full of drunkness potions, "LOL guys you gotta have some of this."

Sawnik rolled her eyes. Wolfy stuck one leg over the rail when suddenly the rail turned into a chute and she was sucked into the floor.

"WOLFY!" Zone and Sawnik yelled in unison. They jumped into the chute after her. They landed in a puddle deep in the sewers of Detlas. Wolfy rubbed her head, still confused about what happened. They heard the entrance close above them.

"Well.. if there was a secret like that in a pet shop then this has gotta be the way to Nemo.. right?" Sawnik said mostly to herself. The trio stood up and walked through the sewers. They were attacked mostly by rats, but soon they were attacked by zombies called "test rejects". Zone opened the door at the end of the tunnel and saw empty prison cells. One cell held Nemo. The excited group ran up to him.

Nemo coughed, "Please don't hurt me I can't take it... Wait, you aren't the Pet shop owners. Please rescue me! I'm sure I'm next!"

"Next for what?" Zone asked worriedly.

"Transformation." Nemo coughed hard and struggled to regain his composure.

The trio looked around and realized what sick things were going on here. Each cell was labeled with a name, a species, and a "pass/fail". Wolfy realized those puppies weren't real puppies and almost puked. Nemo's cage was labeled "fish, preparing for test". The only way to open his door was to solve a riddle. It read:

Stealthy as a shadow in the dead of night,
Cunning but affectionate if given a bite.
Never owned but often loved.
At my sport considered cruel,
But that's because you never know me at all.

What am I?

They were stumped. They sat down trying to figure out the cunning riddle, but they had a limited time. If they weren't out by midnight, the owners would return and make the trio the new test subjects.

After a few hours Wolfy growled, "it's a cat. A dumb cat!" Sawnik and Zone were still confused as to why that was the answer. Wolfy walked up to the lock and input the code.

To Nemo's pleasant surprise the door opened, he hopped out and let out another long cough, "hurry, this is the way out." He led the group to the exit in the back and they climbed out. The ladders led to the pet shop. It might have been midnight, but Detlas was still awake bustling with excitement. The owners were just about to close up shop. The group hid Nemo behind them and snuck out. As they passed the puppies, Wolfy was filled with righteous rage. She immediately ripped the gates down and freed the test subjects. They ran amuck in the store getting the owners attention. They saw the group with Nemo and pulled out swords. The group ran out of the store as fast as they could while the owners were slowed down by the angry dogs who had found new chew toys.

Nemo was finally reunited with his brother, who was extremely thankful for the group's hard work and dedication. Our heroes wished Nemo and his family good luck in their future travels before they headed back to Detlas to find a nice Inn to stay the night.