Chapter One; It's Always About The Bounty

"I can't believe that criminal might be in this town." A man said, from just across the, almost empty, tavern.
   "Well, at least he isn't here." The man next to him said.
   "Yeah. I guess that is true." The first guy said.
   Idiots. Yin Aberash sighed in her mind.
   A man wearing black, and brown walked into the Tavern. He had his sword drawn as he walked toward the owner behind the counter.
   "What do you want?" The owner asked.
   "You know exactly what I want." The man said.
   The two guys who had been talking stood up reading to attack.
   "Don't make this harder than it already is." The man said, he pointed his sword at the box, the owner keeps the money in.
   "Leave." The owner said.
   The man frowned, he pointed his sword at the owner, "well then, I guess we'll do this the hard way.".
   The first man lunged at the man with the sword, the man with the sword took a knife out of his pocket and threw it at the man who was about to attack him, it went into the mans shoulder.
   "I-i know who you are!" The second man said.
   The man with the sword grinned.
   "Sharp throwing Mergen." The owner said, "a criminal wanted for stealing and murdering two people.".
   "He has a bounty of £950 ($1,441.10) on his head." The second man said.
   "I do, don't I." Mergen said. "And for good reason too." He said.
   "Yeah that is a good reason." Yin said, and stood up.
   "I'd stay sitting if I were you." Mergen said.
   "Well, I am obviously not you." Yin said, and turned around, wearing a black cloak, with the hood up.
   "Stay back." Mergen said.
   Yin took a step toward Mergen, he reached for a knife, pulled it out, and threw it at Yin.
   It missed.
   Yin was in front of Mergan with a sword against his neck.
   "I'd leave." Yin said. "If I were you.".
   Mergen lowered his sword from the owner.
   He backed away, took out another knife, and threw it at her. She blocked it with her sword, and it stuck in the ceiling. Just above Mergen.
   His eyes widened and he ran out of the tavern.
   Yin put the purple hilted sword back in it's sheath.
   "Th-the Shade." The owner said.
Great. Yin thought.
   "We jinxed it." The second man said.
   "Get him!" The first one said, "he has £500,000s on his head for destroying two town!." He exclaimed.
   "Sorry. I can't let you do that." Yin said, "gotta run! Catch you later!" And Yin left.
   Yin jumped onto the pale blonde horse and road away.
   Yin laughed, "I saved them, yet all they could think of when they knew who I was was the bounty. Humans are so greedy.", Yin removed the hood, letting her hair down, and felt the breeze on her face.
   Yin is a girl, not a man, not to mention she is only eighteen, she lost her control, and destroyed two towns when she was sixteen, good thing is: there were no casualties, no one knew it was a girl who had done it, and no one knew it was a dragon girl.
   Did she really care about it? A little, but she tried not to dwell on the past.
   She tried not to.

/§\

"Was The Shade here?" Vedran asked Hal, the owner of The Tavern.
"Yes, I'm pretty sure he was." Hal answered.
"Can you give me a detailed description of The Shade?" Vedran asked.
"He wore a black cloak, and he had his famous purple sword, with the black blade." Hal explained, "he saved me actually, but that was probably just to get Mergen out of the way, so he could take my money." He said.
Vedran nodded. "Do you know which way he went?".
"I think he headed to the right, towards the exit arch, and toward Faversham." Hal said.
"Thank you, sir." Vedran said.
"Wait! What's your name, boy?" Hal said.
"Um, it's, well..." Vedran said the first name that came to mind. "Bolton.", His father's name.
"Wasn't that the King's name?" Hal asked.
"Yeah, it was..." Vedran said sadly.
"Sorry. It is sad the King died." Hal said.
Vedran nodded, "thank you for the information sir, I must go now." Vedran said.
"You are welcome." Hal said.
Vedran left, he got on his chestnut brown horse and headed in the direction of Faversham.

   A/N

   I'm going to be honest. This was actually two chapters not one.
   I decided to put them together other wise they would be two short chapters.
   You're welcome for making it one long-ish chapter instead of two short chapters : )

   Love Y'all!!!! •VαίlJοηεs~Δ

The Shadow is the Lightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें