Chapter Ten; Waffles, A Lost Shadow, A Little Jealousy, and more Waffles

Vedran went down, and to the counter.
   "Hey. Me and my companion would like to order some breakfast." Vedran said to the girl at the counter.
   "What would you like?" The girl asked.
   "Uh... waffles." Vedran said.
   "Okay." The girl said.
   I think her name is Lina. Vedran thought.
   "Vad." Said a familiar voice from behind him.
   Vedran turned to see Cea.
   "Hello Cea." Vedran greeted.
   "What are you doing?" Cea asked.
   "Getting breakfast." Vedran answered.
   Cea nodded.
   "Oh! Yin said we need to meet in our room." Vedran said.
   "I'll bring my breakfast up there then." Cea said.
   "What do you have for breakfast?" Vedran asked.
   "Oatmeal." Cea answered.
   "I wonder if Yin would've rather had oatmeal than waffles." Vedran thought out loud.
   Cea shrugged.
   "Here's your waffles." Lina said, setting the two plates down, and walked back away from the counter.
   Both plates have two waffles on them with strawberries on top.
   "Do you want any Whipped-cream or Syrup to put on the waffles?" Lina asked.
   "Whipped-cream would be nice." Vedran said with a childish grin.
   Lina put Whipped-cream on both waffles.
   "Anything else?" Lina asked.
   "Nope! That's good. Thank you." Vedran thanked.
   "You're welcome. Have a nice day." Lina replied.
   Vedran picked up the two plates. Cea had his bowl of oatmeal in his hands, a spoon was protruding from the warm bowl, Cea had obviously eaten some of the oatmeal already.
   Vedran found two forks for him and Yin's breakfast before they went to room number 7.
   "Did you and Yin sleep well?" Cea asked.
   "Yeah. We both slept vary well." Vedran answered, nodding.
   "Did you have to share a bed?" Cea questioned, a hint of amusement in his voice.
   "Does th-that matter?" Vedran asked, stuttering a little.
   "No. Just wanted to ask." Cea said now his amusement obvious.
   Vedran knocked on the door with the pretty 7 on it. He didn't want to just walk in on Yin. She was used to traveling without anyone let alone people of the opposite gender.
   Vedran and Cea waited a little while.
   There was no answer.
   Vedran knocked again. Louder this time.
   No answer.
   "Yin?" Vedran asked loudly, while knocking on the door louder and harder.
   Still no answer.
   Cea was getting impatient. "Just open the door." He ordered.
   "Okay...." Vedran said, and he opened the door.
   No one was inside.
   "Are you sure this is the right room?" Cea asked.
   "I'm positive." Vedran said.
   Yin's cloak and sword were gone, but all of Vedran's stuff was still there.
   "This doesn't make any sense!" Vedran exclaimed.
   He set down the two plates of waffles.
   "The window is closed." Cea said.
   "So where could she have gone?" Vedran asked.
   "What are you doing?" A familiar female voice asked from behind the two young men.

/§\

   Yin had gone to check something, she thought she had felt the presence of another dragon, but she had been wronge.
   Cea being around was probably messing with her sense.
   Yin hadn't even thought to leave a note to tell Vedran, or wait till he came back, and tell him then go.
   Yin walked back to room 7. She heard people in the room.
   Who the flare is in my room? Yin thought.
   "So where could she have gone?" She heard a familiar voice say from inside the room.
   Yin opened the door slowly, and quietly.
   "What are you doing?" Yin asked.
Cea and Vedran turned to look at Yin.
   "We were looking for you." Cea said.
   "Where did you go?" Vedran asked worriedly.
   "I had to go check something." Yin answered. "Did you get our breakfast?" She asked.
   "Oh! Yeah I did." Vedran said with a smile.
   "What did you get us?" Yin questioned.
   "Waffles with strawberries, and whipped-cream." Vedran answered.
   "I love waffles." Yin said, and smiled slightly.
   "Good." Vedran smiled back at her.
   "What did you want to talk about?" Cea asked.
   "I wanted to know why you asked us so many questions yesterday." Yin answered.
   "I just wanted to know more about you two." Cea said with a slight smile.
   "You can't tell anyone anything." Yin ordered.
   "Why not?" Cea asked.
   "I don't need people coming after me more often because they know I'm a girl." Yin stated.
   "And I don't need girls coming after me because they know I'm the prince." Vedran grumbled.
   "And I also don't want people to know I'm traveling with Vedran." Yin added.
   "Why not?" Vedran asked, as if he'd been offended or made fun of.
   "Because. I don't want people thinking I've taken you hostage." Yin rolled her eyes.
   "You should be worried about being seen traveling with a criminal." Cea said looking at Vedran.
   "I guess." Vedran shrugged.
   "I was also going to ask Yin who she's looking for." Cea looked at Yin obviously waiting for her reply.
   "I'm looking for the person who made me go berserk and destroy two towns." Yin stated.
   "And who is that?" Cea asked.
   "I don't know." Yin answered. "He haunts my nightmares, but I never see his face.".
   "That's why you don't like to sleep." Vedran said in a realizing tone.
   Yin didn't say anything.
   "Can I accompany you in your search for this person?" Cea requested.
   "No." Vedran said almost sternly.
   "Sure why not." Yin looked at Vedran questioningly.
   Why did I say that? Vedran thought. I actually kind of consider Cea as a friend, but for some reason I don't like him being around Yin. He seems to like her. Vedran growled inwardly.
   "So is it a yes or a no?" Cea asked.
   "I'm the leader." Yin said.
   "So it's a yes?" Cea asked.
   "Yes." Yin said.
   "Yeah. Hehe. I don't know why I said no. anyway.... It sorta just came out, and I don't know why?" Vedran said awkwardly.
   Cea and Yin were both looking at Vedran questioningly, but they did not voice their thoughts.
   What is wrong with Vedran? He and Cea seem like friends. Why doesn't Vad want Cea to come? Yin thought.
   "Anyway... when should we leave?" Vedran asked, trying to change the subject.
   "Tomorrow at dawn." Yin ordered.
   "At dawn it is." Cea said.
   "That early?" Vedran asked whiny-ly.
   "Yes. Get over it Princey." Yin said.
   "Princey?" Vedran asked.
   "Yeah. Princey Vad." Yin grinned.
   "I'll take what I can get." Vedran smiled.
   Yin rolled her eyes, but smiled inwardly.
   "I'm going to leave you two to eat your breakfast." Cea said.
   "Bye." Yin and Vedran said at the same time.
   Cea left without another word, and Yin and Vedran ate their delicious waffles.

   A/N

   This had a really stupid chapter name and I apologize for that.

   I keep apologizing for stuff. Sorry.

   I was also kinda wanting to ask if I should make this a Love Triangle (or maybe a Love Trident (I'll explain want a Love Trident is if you want))

   Love y'all!! Hope you have a great day or night!! ☆θωθ☆
   •vAIljOnEs~Δ